*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 21, 2010

Creative Belli Challenge - sketch time

Happy Wednesday! We're halfway there!

We have a new Belli challenge for you today! A sketch with a twist...include something that moves! Interpret that however you will!


a vertical gate-fold card
Stamps: Doodle Pantry (Betta fish)
Papers: SU! cs, K&Co dp
Ink: Copic, Prisma markers
Other: MME brads, Offray ribbon,
Stickles



I used this newly released image from Doodle Pantry! I really enjoyed coloring this Betta fish. I've tried a new way of back shading to make the fishy look popped out a bit...the lazy man's way of doing it! lol Of course, Laurie's image are drawn with such detail & skill, they look good no matter what you do to them! lol

You will definitely want to check out the rest of the Belli girl's creations! Where I used an image that "moves" (fish constantly move, don't they?) some of the other gals created projects that actually move!!! I'm so humbled to be part of this team!!!

Chris Dickinson
Holly Brown
Anne Harmon
Ceal Pritchett
Joan Ervin
Joy Hadden
Liz Williams
Robin Kirkpatrick
Melisa Waldorf
Darsie Bruno
Dani Marcus
Jessica Stockmeyer
Shelly Schmidt

I hope you'll have the opportunity to play along with us, we'd love to oogle & aaahhh over your creations!

Creative Belli~sketch & something that moves
My Partner in Crafting Crime~under the sea


Hope you're enjoying your week!
Blessings!

29 comments:

Tina said...

Maria - this is amazing.Love this gate fold card and love this fish and your coloring.

tina

Riet said...

So beautiful card Maria,i love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anneke said...

So beautiful!
Love the image :)
Hugs Anneke

Pops x said...

This is really gorgeous my daughter would love this, i love how it opens, big hugs Pops x

Margaret said...

Fabulous card!! Love the colour of the BP :o)

Elena said...

Very cute card! Love your idea with the gate fold, Maria!

Chrissy D said...

FUN - FUN - love that fishy and sentiment! That paper is PERFECT with the fish bowl!

Alanna said...

This is SO cute. I love that style of card. And what a fab sentiment on the inside.

jdmommy said...

What a wonderful sentiment inside to go with that wonderful fishie!! I love gatefold cards!! Fab colors, GF!! Great job.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Maria, this is gorgeous! You did a knockout job on the fish and bowl. The gatefold is perfect with this image. Wonderful DP and design. Awesome work, my friend!!

Joan Ervin said...

I just LOOOVE that adorable little fish in the fish bowl, Maria....your coloring is FABULOUS and what beautiful papers you used!!!!

Crystal said...

EEEK that fish and bowl is soooo adorable, love the fun sentiment too!!!!! What a super CUTE creation Maria!

Donna said...

Fantastic card Maria, you have matched your papers perfectly and I love the design too...very nice indeedy :) Donna x

Holly said...

Maria, your coloring is really pretty and I love the glittered areas on the water. The sentiment really tickles me too! Love it!

Dani said...

Love the gate fold card- haven't tried that yet! Superb job coloring that fishy, gorgeous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am loving this great card- the DSP works so perfectly with the fish and fish bowl, your colors are perfect and I love the fold of your card. TFS

Patti J said...

Tee hee - am lovin' the fish! Great idea turning the gatefold on its side! Your card is total cuteness, Maria! Well done :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Marie this is so cute!! And that DP is fabulous with the image and your coloring. Love it!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

wonderful gate fold card and your coloring of the fish is spectacular! Super cute card! I would love to receive this! ( I could probably even manage to be sick...lol!)
Hugs!

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card!

Amy Johnson said...

What a pretty card. I like the bling on the side of the fish bowl and that sentiment with the image.

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, this is really stunning, Maria! LOVE this image and the fabulous color combination ... this card rocks!!

Mary Duffek said...

Oh my word....your card is so stinkn' adroable!

Laurie Wilson said...

Such a gorgeous card design and the coloring... wow! It looks awesome with your back shading, he really does pop out!

bosenberries said...

he he.... love the sentiment! Great little fish, thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin

joy said...

This is just too darn cute!! Fab coloring and love the sparkle in the water!

JR Creations said...

Ooh I love it! Those papers are delish with that fish! LOL!!! Thanks for playing at My Partner in Crafting Crime!

Jenny T.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Ooooooooh...this is so awesome!! I love everything about this!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Maria! Love the look on that little fish! Perfect patterned paper to go with it!