*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 4, 2010

Creative Belli Challenge -Paint

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for another Creative Belli challenge! The Belli mission is to encourage you to use your stash! This week we dug out our bottles of acrylic paint.

smashed paint technique

Now, before you think you're too busy to try something new. Let me tell you this card took a whole 20 mins to complete! But you can use paint any way your little heart desires, I just wanted to try something new!

Easy peasy steps...
1. use nesties to cut out acetate, white cardstock (for backing) & black layer
2. stamp image on acetate with Stazon ink
3. TURN OVER acetate & smear/sponge acrylic paint all over.
4. immediately lay white backing over wet paint & SMASH; sandwich!
5. adhere sandwich to black nestie layer
6. finish card!


The paint acts like glue to hold the white backing on, but I did smear a little glue around the edges of the white backing too. I could see this technique used for a fish scene using blue & green paints! or how about adding a bit of glitter to the paint...oooo,I think I'll be using this techn. again! lol

Check out what the rest of the Belli girls did with paint....

Chris Dickinson
Holly Brown
Anne Harmon
Ceal Pritchett
Joan Ervin
Joy Hadden
Liz Williams
Robin Kirkpatrick
Melisa Waldorf
Darsie Bruno
Dani Marcus
Jessica Stockmeyer
Shelly Schmidt

Creative Belli Challenge Blog~use paint on your creation somehow!
(deadline 2 weeks, August 17th)


Praying that you truly see the beauty in everything God has created, including YOU!
Be Blessed!



Alphabet Challenge - N is for Nature
Lots to Do - The Scenic Route
Creative Cottage Challenge - Use Acetate
Flutter By Wednesdays- Favorite color
Stampavie and More - black, white and one other color
Pile It On -butterflies, bugs, bees
Digi Doodle Shop -die cuts
Crafty Ann's -lazy, hazy days of summer


.

42 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Holy cow Maria! I have never tried this technique before but I am going to have to. Your card is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing how you did it!! I love it!

Hope you are having a great summer!!

hugs,
Chris

Liz Williams said...

This painted background is absolutely yummy! I love it, Maria.

Crystal said...

Maria girl this is soooooo beautiful I LOVE LOVE LOVE the background!

Thebug415 said...

Wow...beautiful! Thanks for sharing how you did it too. That does sounds do-able...lol.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful look- love your beautiful colors- thanks for the tutorial too- I have never tried this. TFS

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Maria,what a wonderful card.

Hugs Riet.xx

jdmommy said...

Maria, I think this card is da bomb!! How beautiful!! TFS your acetate secret! WOW!!!

Danni said...

Love this!!! So gorgeous!

Julie M said...

Stunning card, Maria. I love the background - and those black flowers really pop against it.

Julie :o)

CACB said...

Great card and technique Maria, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Judy said...

Wow..nice stash.. Looks beautiful! Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

Arianne said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors!
Thank you for Piling It On with us this week.

Noelle said...

Beautiful card! I love the technique AND that plaid ribbon!! :)

Nana said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Stunning!
Thank you for joining us at "PIO" this week. Hope to see you again!
hugs Nana

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card!

Claire said...

Beautiful card, I love that technique
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Claire xx

Amber said...

Super creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs
Amber DT

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome technique, Maria...I love the background you created and the silhouettes look sooo beautiful!!! I'll have to give this a try!!!

Tracy said...

this is so gorgoeus i love the colours and how you have used the acetate. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, I hope you will join us again. Tracy x

Kiki said...

Wow, this looks gorgeous! Great color combo!

Thanks for joining us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous card with a fabulous technique - one that I am definately going to try

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstiodo Challenge xx Hilda

sari said...

Stumbled in here from FBW... and oh my... what an adorable card you have made!! Love the colors! Have a great day!

stampdiva said...

20 mins! That is so hard to believe you could make such a card in so little time. Beautiful. Lynne M

Bonibleaux Designs said...

This is GORGEOUS! Love this technique going to have to play with it some more LOL

Sue said...

Hi Maria
wow hun this is beautiful, luv the colours, stunning image, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Zoechaos said...

Never seen this before going to have to take notes fabulous effect making a simply delightful card. Thank you for sharing with us at LTD this week. xx Zoe

Carolina said...

Very pretty card and lovely image.
Thank you for joining the alphabet challenge

joy said...

Great card - love the sophisticated look -- and I am going to try your technique!

Michelle said...

Oh such a lovely card - the colors are gorgeous. Thank you for telling me how you did it too - I have TONS of paint not being used :) Now I think they will be coming down so I can try this! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week - keep fluttering :)

Bev said...

Great card - love the image & colours. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

coldwaters2 said...

Well Maria I love your description of smash, smear and sandwich lol, I would never have used those words for this little beauty lol. I love the technique you have used to create this stunning scene it sounds quite easy, those flowers look as if they are separate from the main image this has a wonderful look to it I hope you do more and show on your blog I love it thank you so much for sharing this with us at CACB
Hugs
Lorraine x

Neet said...

Great card and I just love your background - off to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Anna said...

Oooo, so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

lindyloo said...

Wow what a super stunning card thanks for joining us at the creative cattage lindyloo x

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

WOW...so beautiful!! I love everything about this!

Jose said...

Lovely card, and excellent for the butterfly challenge

Elena said...

Wow! This card is stunning! Thank you so much for sharing this technique!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Maria, this is absolutely gorgeous. What stunning results with the technique you described. TFS!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Maria, I'm loving your smashed paint technique, its stunning and I love the hot colours behind the silhouettes...so beautiful! Thanks for joining in the fun at The Creative Cottage this week :) Donna x

Janet said...

Thanks for sharing your smashed paints technique and for joining us on Crafty Ann's Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.

Janet xx

Melisa Waldorf said...

Fabulous technique!! I LOVE that backgound!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Maria. I've not seen that technique before, but I'm going to have to give it a try.

I am SO behind on my posting, so I won't flood your in box with comments on each card I've missed, but just wanted to let you know that they are all wonderful, as usual!