*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 7, 2010

The Stamping Boutique -State Fair Time

Happy Weekend!

I can't believe we're at the end of the first week in August! Summer's almost over (yea!) and it will soon be time for the State Fair! With that in mind, I have a prized piggy to show you!



Stamps: The Stamping Boutique (pig)
Papers: Basic Black cs, K&Co dp
Ink: Copics
Other: Nesties, CB emb folder,
Offray gingham ribbon, white gel pen,
CM circle punch, button, floss, MM button brad.


Isn't this pig the sweetest? We raised pigs once, named them Pork Chop & Bacon so the kids would clearly understand why we had them! lol I remember when they escaped from their pen one morning, I was making french toast and saw one run by the window, I yelled for my hubby and my one son grabbed the plate of french toast, ran outside and 'lured' the pigs back to their pen! lol When it finally was time to take them to the butcher, we were driving down our country road and the pigs jumped out of the truck pen. We had cars stopped on the road and everyone hopped out of their cars and helped guide them back to the truck. lol too funny, I love living in the country, lots of wonderful loving neighbors!!!

Right then, wishing you all a wonderful weekend!
Blessings!


Challenges:
Craftalicious -make your own flowers
Fussy & Fancy -pink & black
Crafty Catz -button, bows
Hand Full of Stamps -inspired by Sept/Oct
Tuesday Throwdown - Monochromatic
One Stitch @ A Time -pink and/or sketch



.

24 comments:

Tina said...

Maria - darling. This is simply beautiful and cute to boot. You always create such fabulous cards. Love it

xo
tina

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carole said...

What a fabulous card - such a cute image!
Have a great break!
Carole :)

Elena said...

Thank you so much for sharing this story, Maria!
Your card is so sweet! Love this cute piggy!

Josephine said...

That's such a cute pig! Beautiful papers too.

Thanks for sharing it with us at One Stitch at a Time this week.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Maria
A fabulous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
Hugs Dianne xx

Stephanie said...

Adorable pig! Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love your card and fun story. I hope you have a wonderful time off. Enjoy your week.

shellshearer said...

OINK OINK!!! love it hun, he is soooooooo cute & those DP are just yummy
Thanks for sharing with us over at OSAAT this week
hugs shell xx

Christine Riley said...

This is SO cute! Love that little piggy, too sweet!
Hugs, Christine

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria I so loved reading your story about the pigs lol, I am afraid I would not be a good farmer as I would never be able to part with the animals. I used to collect pigs but the small china sort not real ones and I am so loving this image nice and round piggy lol great papers and design.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Allison said...

Ha ha! How fun...love the ribbon and flower treatment!

Donna said...

Oh my goodness Maria, I love this card...pink and black together...perfick...love this cute lil pig he is a real porker lol! :) Donna x

Lauren said...

This is so cute! I love all the pink and your adorable little piggie! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

Lauren

Joan Ervin said...

This is soooo cute, Maria...I just love the darling pig and the pink papers you used are just perfect for the sweet design!!!!

Shelly said...

Darling card, Maria and I loved the story about your pigs.

Pops x said...

This is really pretty in pink honey, love the black backing really makes the image pop out, and the flower is lush, big hugs Pops x

carol said...

what a fab fun card, i love the names of your pigs and the story behind it..thanks for joining in with our button and bow challenge at Crafty catz, x carol

Suzanne said...

Maria, I am loving this card and your story, lol. Lovely papers and a fantastic image. The flower is gorgeous. You must tell me how to do it. Thanks for playing at Crafty Catz this week x

Peggie said...

What a cute pig,the rosette is great as is your coloring.

Crystal said...

Love this card it's super adorable! Great layout & love the stitching and that flower is fabulous! I love that you named the pigs pork chop & bacon, that's so funny :)

Suzie said...

Such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

Mandy said...

Aww this is adorable, so cute, love your flower.
Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for our handmade flowers challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Teresa / Trees aWard in Crafts said...

What a fun card this is. I can't believe how far back in your blog I need to go to see my last comment to you. Along the journey, I saw some lovely creations. I love the gerbera in a bottle card as well as this one.