*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 17, 2010

This Place is a Zoo!

Ok Lovelies, I'm trying something different this Tuesday!
Instead of posting all my DT cards separately, I'm just posting once today!

**********

The Digital Tuesday Challenge is sponsored by My Grafico this week and our lovely Shelly has challenged us to use up our scraps!!! "Bits & Pieces" is the theme!

I've been going through my stash of dp (designer papers)scraps! Holy Moly, it's time to stop buying and start using! Anyhoo, I love to mix and match patterns, so when I saw an awesome mixed patterned design the other day I just had to case it! See Tori's card at Wild Sprinkles, she's an inspiration!!! These awesome BasicGrey papers are from the offbeat pack. The bg paper is two scrap pieces and the blue & orange layers are the leftover scraps from the 6 x 6 sheets!


Stamps: Louby Lou (Lenny the Lion)
sentiment -SU! wild about you
Papers: SU! choc chip cs, BasicGrey offbeat dp
Ink: Copics/Prisma makers
Other: MS border punch, Sizzix oval scallop,
EK flower punch, button sticker, floss,
piercing tool for faux stitching.



Ok, I was trying different ways to make a flower since I have limited flower punches and don't want to spend the money for more.

I simply punched a 1.5 inch circle

centered it in my EK retro flower punch
and it makes a nice 'squared off' flower!
I used my piercing tool to help position the punched
circle! Then distressed & curled it!
Applied a button & floss and attached it to my card!
easy peasy!


Checkout all the scrappy inspiration by the rest of the DTC girls...

Amy
Anne-Marije
Anneke
Ellie
Kristine
Lora
Lorraine
Michelle
Sandy
Shelly

Digital Tuesday Challenge
-use scraps & a digi!!
Paper Playtime -Zoo
Digital Delights Aug. Digi Day -In the Wild
Order of the Opus Gluei - You Gotta Move It, Move It
Corrosive Challenge - Faux Techniques
One Stitch at a Time - Pack a Punch
Pollycraft Monday Challenge - In Stitches
Alphabet Challenge - P is for Punches
Crafty Catz - Animals
Allsorts - Paper Piercing/Paper Piecing
Drunken Stampers - Cats

**************

This noble lion is also purr-fect for our Paper Playtime challenge this week- the theme is -ZOO!

Digital Delights by Louby Lou is sponsoring!!!

Lenny the Lion is currently a Digital Delights FREEbie for their August Digi Day over on the SNR forum! Pop over and snag him!!!


***************

Apologies for the bad photography, not sure what's going on with my camera!

Two weeks have gone by and it's time for another fortnightly challenge @ Creative Card Crew!!!
It was my turn to choose a theme for the Crew and I chose Sparkle & Shine...always a fun one in my book!!


Stamps: The Digi Shack (spottie)
Papers: SU! cs, Cosmo Cricket dp
Ink: Copic markers
Other: MS border punch, CB emb. folder,
EK flower punches, Kaisercraft bling,
Offray ribbon, Stickles
SU! crystal effects (on eyes)


Our totally awesome sponsor over the next 2weeks is The Digi Shack!!! I adore their images, so much fun in one place!!! Please check out their SHOP! And to keep up-to-date with all their activities click HERE!!!



Check out the fabulous inspiration from the rest of the CCC girls...
Janna
Caroline
Cherie
Chrissie
Denise
Emma
Jen
Julie
Linda
Linda C
Melly
Pauline
Peggy
Sandie
Victoria

Creative Card Crew
-sparkle & shine
Paper Playtime -Zoo

*************

I hope you have an opportunity to play along with some of these challenges!!!
Have a Sparkly day!
Blessings!



.

42 comments:

Sparkle said...

Such a cute card!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous cards Maria.
luv
debby

Donna said...

Fab cards Maria, love the gorgoeus aqua and pink together on the 2nd card and how cool is Lenny the Lion...love the papers on this card and how you have created the squared of flower...brilliant idea hun...may have to give this a go...TFS :) Donna x

Melly said...

stunning cards honey!
Love the wee "Spottie" image a right cutie!
Hugs Melly xx

Amy Johnson said...

What fun cards! And thanks for the brief tutorial on flower making!

Helen Dooley said...

These are so cute!!!
I love them.

Kristine Reynolds said...

WOW! You have been a busy busy girl Maria! Love all three of the cards! Hope you are doing well!

XOXO
Kristine

Ellie said...

These are both amazing cards Maria. Love your papers, they are so fun! Super cute images too. Thanks for sharing the tip on how you made that flower, it's gorgeous!!

Crystal said...

OH WOOOOWEEE Maria these are GREAT cards sooo adorable....thanks for the great tip too gf!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a delight! It is always fun to visit you! What super adorable creations. And I love the flowers. Thanks for sharing your creative flower tutorial! Great work.

Pam S. said...

awesome scrap inspiration and love the flower idea Maria! TFS!
Pam Going Postal

Marlene said...

These are both adorable, Maria! LOVE the images. (Of course, I'm not in the least bit biased, being on those DTs....LOL.) Seriously - LOVE the cards!

Danni said...

Both of these are just so wonderful! I adore them, especially the lion!!

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Maria, thankyou so much for your kind encouragement. It means so much to me. It's wonderful how God has brought us together. I really treasure our friendship. :) I just LOVE these cards!! HOW CUTE!!

Shelly said...

Two wonderful cards, Maria!!! I like your flower idea. I'll have to see if I can do something similar with my punches.

Margaret said...

Such cute cards!! :o)

melissac said...

Maria--another group of fabaulous cards!! Girl you have such a talent for combining colors!!

I hope you are having a great day!! Blessings and Hugs!!

coldwaters2 said...

Golly gosh Maria these are fabulous I am in love with that first card the lion is adorable so are those papers and what a fun card the second one is I think you have done a superb job with both of these.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Holly said...

Maria both of your cards are just so cute! I think your coloring on the first one is just phenomenal, and the second one is just such a cute and funny image you can't help but laugh! I really love your flower tip!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Hi Maria,

Your floral giraffe is adorable! Love the way you have colored her. Great sparkle and shine throughout. Wonderful challenge this fortnight. Thanks also for the sweet comments you have left on my blog lately. Sorry I don't get around more often!

Hope you are having a great week.

Hugs,
Linda

Denise @ kc242 said...

Very cute cards. What a great take on the CCC challenge this week! Love your coloring and shading. Beautifully done.

margie c said...

Wow, love your coloring! Cute giraffe! Love the Lion with BasicGrey! Your squared-off flowers are delish! How brilliant of you! I love them :)
Hope all is well!
hugs, margie

Christine Riley said...

WOW, both of these cards are fabulous! I especially love the first one, fantastic coloring, colors, papers, and layout. Just perfect! :)
Hugs, Christine

CuddlyBunny said...

Everything you've created is wonderful! Yay!

I'm especially in love with your Lion "cat" ... My Guy is a Leo, so this really speaks to me ... and your flower tutorial ... AWESOME! It's brilliant, and I'm absolutely going to use your idea!

Thanks for dropping in at the Drunken Stampers craft pub!

Carol Ann said...

Fab cards I especially love the Lenny the Lion one! great idea with the punched flower. Thanks for playing along at OSAAT.
Carol Ann xx

Tammy said...

Both of these cards are absolutely darling but Lenny the Lion just melt my heart!! I LOVE your coloring!!! Thank you for the flower tutorial!! Hugs!!

Aunty Sue said...

fab cards and great idea for the flowers, thanks for joining crafty catz

Joni Parker said...

Both are cute...love the idea with the flower punch... Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenge!

Rose said...

two super cute cards!! thanks for the tip on making the flowers :) i have that punch (covered in dust!) so going to give it a go :)

carol said...

super cards, adorable images, thanks for joining in with craftycatz, x carol

Lindsey said...

Great cards and thanks for the tutorial, the flower looks great! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

Suzanne said...

2 fantastic cards. Great tutorial. Thanks for playing at Crafty Catz this week x

brenda said...

Hi Maria

What a wonderful selection of crads, all just beautiful.

Thanks for joining in at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x

p.s Did you know we have a DT call at our sister challenge http://pennyblackatallsorts.blogspot.com/

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous Maria.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Maria Therese said...

Sweet card!! Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft this week!

Lesley said...

Cute cards Maria! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Gemma said...

beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT for our Pack a Punch challenge this week! Gemma :)

Linda Ledbetter said...

Lenny is so cute! I love both your cards, and your use of color is really fabulous! Thanks so much for livin' it up with the Drunken Stampers for our CATS challenge!

Jana said...

Both of these cards are adorable. I love the squared off flower and am going to have to try that. Thanks for sharing. And thank you for playing with us on OPUS GLUEI.

Elena said...

I have the same feelings about my papers too, Maria! :)
Love the mixture of the papers on your first card! And wow! your flower look fabulous! What a clever idea! Thank you so much for sharing tutorial! Love the girrafe card too! :)

Laurie Wilson said...

Nice way to make good use of those punches! Very cute cards!