*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




September 6, 2010

Baby Bud Designs

Happy Monday! Happy Labor Day!

I found the cutest little images the other week! Some of you might be familiar with them but they are new to me!

As soon as I saw them, I fell in love with their untamed curls!!! I just had to have them! So I whipped up my first Baby Buds card this morning...

Sorry I forgot to change/remove the date stamp on my camera
this morning!

Stamps: Baby Bud (Nilah)
sentiment: SU! vases in vogue
Papers: SU! kraft cs, BasicGrey dp
Ink: Copic markers
Other: MS border punch, Offray ribbon,
CM cutting system, button/floss,
piercing tool for faux stitching.

Isn't she adorable? I'm having way too much fun for a grown up! lol You'll be seeing a lot more of these babies here, stay tuned!


***on the homefront****

We've been having a wonderful time this weekend. My hubby's nephew was married this weekend and the wedding was wonderful! Gorgeous people, gorgeous gowns, gorgeous weather!! We had an absolutely fantastic time celebrating with family & friends!!!
The next day we all gathered again for a wonderful fiesta! My one SIL is famous for her Mexican cooking and since she was in visiting for the wedding, we made her cook! lol Delish!!!
The weather cooperated again and we were able to sit out late into the evening with jackets & blankets! Too fun! We'll probably grill a bit this evening but on a much lower key and recouperate! lol

I hope you are all enjoy this last summer holiday weekend! Praying much joy over you today!!
Blessings!

challenges...
Wee Memories-wee ones
Pile it On - layers
Basic Grey - paper piecing

Bee Crafty -digi/anything goes
Going Grey- children
Timbroscrapmania - free theme



AND


Photobucket



.
.

36 comments:

Patti J said...

Lol...what an absolutely darling image! Are her eyes hearts??? Too sweet! And a total joy for paper piecing as well! Love your card, Maria! Sounds like your weekend has been bursting with blessings! So happy you've had time with family and friends. Off to check out the new images - thanks for sharing! Hugs!!!

CraftyC said...

Aww, this is so sweet Maria, what a cute image and I love the papers and colours!
Clairex

Tracy said...

What a fun card Maria! I found these images too last night when I was exploring CDAC. I definitely want to go back and give them another look. I think they're adorable. Enjoy the rest of your weekend with family! :)

Silli said...

This is so cute MAria, love the piecing and the colors... Have a great day!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Maria,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Maria I can see why you fell in love with these beauties she is gorgeous, I so love the papers and colours, a beautiful card. It sounds like you had a great weekend I think our bit of Summer has ended I blinked my eyes and poof it was gone, we now have gale force winds and rain lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Elena said...

What a cute card! I really like the colors and combination of the papers!
So glad that you had wonderful time with your family celebrating! :)

Sparkle said...

Such an adorable card!

Allison said...

Love all the polka dots...what a sweet image!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh i can see why you fell in love with those images. just too cute for words.

sounds like a fabulous weekend. i LOVE this weather!

thanks so much for coming by!

hugs :)

Simone said...

This is so cute! Love the polka dots! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories :)

Krista said...

Wow Maria, this is really too cute for words! Nilah is one of my fav's and you have done a beautiful job with this card!
Hugs, Krista

Marlene said...

Oh my, Maria...that is ADORABLE!

Tina said...

hey girlfriend,

Boy life has really been crazy round here...I have been stalking you :D but not commenting and today I specifically thought of you and decided to drop you a line and tell you that this card is super cute - love these images....hope all is well...sending hugs
tina
xo

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Maria, love teh paper piecing and how funny that we both used the same papers yesterday lol! :) Donna x

ThePurplePlace said...

Totally adorable!

I am very excited to be part of the Baby Bud Design Team and will be looking forward to designing with your.

Your card is adorable and you are very talented!

Happy crafting,
Lisa

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Awwwwwwww...........what a cutie!! and that DP is perfect!

Giovana said...

Your card is adorable Maria!!

Lisa said...

Hi Maria
so glad we are on the BB team together, I have seen you around blogland and love your work!!

Ellie A. said...

Oh she is such a cutie this is gonna be such a blast!

Laurel said...

Oh my this is absolutely adorable! I am off to check them out! Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories!

Pat (mspfd) said...

I love baby bud images! Your card is outstanding!!!

Christine Riley said...

What a super sweet card, I love the paper piecing that you did. So glad you had fun at the wedding! :)
Hugs, Christine

margie c said...

Yippee! Congrats to you too! I'm so excited to be on a team with you :)
Your card is so sweet! You have such a way with using your DP! Love her lil polka-dotted outfit :)
hugs, margie

Rica said...

Hi Maria, fabulous card, love the cute image in her spotty outfit. Fantastic layout, brilliant zingy colours and gorgeous details - love that punch!!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Basic Grey,
hugs Heather xx

Pops x said...

I am loving this image it is really fab sweetie, gorgeous colours too big hugs love Pops x x

Jinny Newlin said...

This is, absolutely, adorable! Your color combo is divine!

Annika said...

Awww so cute - love how you combined and shaped the papers!
Hugs
Annika

Ann said...

SO cute! I love the fun colors and the dots! Thanks for playing the Wee Memories challenge!

Pam S. said...

Isn't she a cutie pie! Adorable Maria! love how you colored and designed for her!
Pam Going Postal

Jennifer Scull said...

this is one of the cutest cards EVER!!!! you so nailed it!

I am thrilled to be on the Baby Bud team with you. you are one of the nicest people I have met in blogland! :) happy to be able to call you friend!

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

Super card. Cutie Image

Thank you for joining us at BG challenges this week and for entering our DT call.

Hugs,

Jo xx

Chris said...

Hi Maria! Hope you're well and good luck to your nephew and his new bride for a very happy marriage. I love your card, the image is very sweet and I love your paper piecing. Thanks for joining us at BG challenges and entering our DT call. Chris :)

Cardmaking Galore said...

Lovely card - I love how you paper pieced and coloured her

Giò said...

WOW!!! Adorable!!! This image is fabulous and your paper too.
Thanks for joining us at TSM challenge.
Hugs, Giò

kramer_buffy said...

Maria,
Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On! challenge. Your gorgeous card is part of our TOP 3 Scoops for this week!

-- dalis
PIO Owner