*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




November 9, 2010

Creative Card Crew - Give Thanks

Creative  Card Crew Challenge is shifting the time that they post their challenges now, it will be later in the day(USA)  or the evening if you live on the other side of the big blue wet thing! But I have a full schedule of post this week so you're gettin' mine now!

Consider it a sneak peak of the challenge!

Two weeks have passed and it's time for another fun Creative Card Crew challenge!  Our theme this time is 'Give Thanks' and our wonderful sponsor is Meljen Designs! 



"Give Thanks for a little and you will find alot!"
 Stamps: Meljen Designs digi (holiday bird)
Papers: SU! cs
Ink: Prisma makers
Other: Offray ribbon

Melissa offered this freebie the other day and I was immediately inspired!  Isn't this a great sentiment...so true too!  Once you open your heart & eyes to see all the blessings around you its easy to be grateful!!!

Check out the Meljen Design blog for her shop links, freebies and challenges!
 Then come play with us!

Creative Card Crew - give thanks
also...
Crazy Challenge - things with wings
Karber Weekly - animals
Lexi's Creations - anything goes
Burtonesque Dolls - anything goes
Crafty Ho - aviation related
Scrappy Frogs - give thanks
Alphabet - b is for bird
AiFactory  - anything you'd find in the garden
Dutch Dare - clean and simple

***On the homefront***
After being asleep for most of Monday, I'm working hard to get back on track with the household chores!  The woodstove is not going today, so I should be fine!  lol  We did our 'conquer' the grocery store this morning and I just finished my routine food sorting and preparing!  We have not had meatloaf (made w/hamburger) in a zillion years. Then someone mentioned it the other day and put the thought in my head!  So I put it in the menu for this week.  Since we won't have it until the end of the week, I mixed it up and shaped it to fit perfectly into my loaf pans; wrapped it and popped it in the freezer until I'm ready for it!  easy peasy!  Tonight I'm just throwing some egg noodles into my beef stew to 'stretch' it a bit further.  Another easy dish and everyone in the house eats it!  ha

Ok, I'm off to make a dt card, will try to catch up with everyone tonight!  big HUGS!
Blessings!


.

28 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just amazing that image is gorgoues and the layout as always is just perfect,bless your heart for the lovely comment you left on my blog hun means a lot hugs cheryl xx

Crystal said...

Maria what a GREAT creation!!!

Georgia Ehrmann said...

such a darling card! I love all of the faux stitching too! Wonderful sentiment! I miss you girlfriend!(So I needed to visit here...!)Thanks for playing with AiFactory this week.
Hugs,
Georgia

lalkygirl said...

fab card,love meljens digi's.the sentiment is perfect
thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
lalkygirl x

maxine said...

Hi Maria This is a lovely card , I hope you are having a lovely week hugs maxine x

Julie said...

Maria,
I just love this card!
Hugs,
Julie

Berenice R. said...

Thank you for playing The Karber Weekly Challenge :)

Renee said...

I actually have this image, although I haven't used it yet. Great card. Thanx for playing with us at AIF. Hope to see you again.
Renee DT

Mary Duffek said...

Adorable!!!! I love, love, love this simple primitive card. Fabulous job!

Lena said...

What a beautiful and elegant card you made. Love this primitive stamp and faux stitching too! Wonderful sentiment! Really a great job.
Thank you for joining us at DDCC and good luck.
Hugs
Lena

Pat (mspfd) said...

Maria, this so so fun! Super cute image with the most perfect sentiment! Love it! That gingham bow is a knockout!

Rae Anne said...

Hey Maria, where's your application for the Bugaboo Stamps DT??? ;) Great card - Why didn't I think of using a bird? DOH! Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos!!! :D MWAH!

Marlene said...

I think this is the first blackbird (crow?) image I've seen - and it's awesome! Love what you did with this card, hon!

itsabrt said...

What a great car I love that folk art style stamp with the kraft! Beth

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is beautiful, I love that clean and simple look, and that gingham bow is such a great addition, love it!
Thanks for your sweet comment for my blog! : )

Donna said...

Fabulous card Maria, love your blackbird image and gorgeous gingham ribbon...such a sweet sentiment too :) Donna x

Lawren said...

What a cute card. Thanks for joining us at AI Factory.

Lawren - DT Member

made by fifi said...

i love that bird - great card -thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

*Vicki* said...

I love that black gingham ribbon with the image you've used!! This is simple and so pretty!! LOVE IT!!

Elena said...

Wonderful card! Love how you drew the line around the birdie!
Great idea on frozen meatloaf! I didn't have in years too! :)

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute, Maria...I love the bird on the kraft cardstock and I love the sentiment!!!

WeirdCat said...

Great card, clean and simple,thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

WeirdCat said...

Beautiful card, love the purple and silver together,thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

Lesley said...

Lovely card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Zlatoena said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the bird! Thank you for taking part in The Crazy Challenge this week! Wish you luck!

Marilyn said...

I love this card Maria!
Looking forward to working with you on CCC!

sgc said...

What a country looking card! Love the image, sentiment, and the checked ribbon. Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos.

Tammy Miller said...

what a great card thanks for playing along with our Aviation theme at the Crafty Ho's blog!