*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 18, 2011

Digital Tuesday - Tropical Warmth

Happy Tuesday!

I'm learning to surf!!!

The Digital Tuesday challenge this week is tropical warmth...which some of you need right now if you're buried under snow drifts!

I knew I wanted to use this lovely digital beach image from Fresh Brewed Designs and then I saw the TLC sentiment, well...a card was born!

 Remember you can't stop the Waves But you can learn to Surf

 Stamps: Fresh Brewed Designs (Peace Be Still digi), 
SU!  leaves (Refuge & Strength set)
Paper: SU! cs
Ink: Copic markers, Color Box ink, SU! ink pads

I saw a tutorial on coloring a beachy scene and wanted to try it.  I obviously need more practice! eek!!!  But I'll get there!  lol   What really upsets me is I forgot to jot down where I saw this tutorial....it was just recent, so if anyone knows please let me know!!!  I thinks it's VERY important to give credit where credit is due!!!
ETA:  I found it...it was the lovely Theresa Momber from Crafting The Web...here's the tutorial!

To see more tropical inspiration and read all about our wonderful sponsor this week, Robyn's Fetish, pop over to the
Digital Tuesday Challenge blog!




We had a somewhat harsh weekend, so glad it's over, but it ended well with the football playoffs!  So happy the Steelers are playing the Jets and not the Patriots!  lol   Though it was really hard to see New England defeated!  This next weekend promises to be better...we have a wonderful birthday to celebrate and hopefully see the Steelers going to the Superbowl!
Catch ya all later, thanks so much for stoppin' by!
Blessings!

some more challenges...
Cheerful Stamp Pad - Let's relax
Challenge Up Your Life - clean & simple
Crafty Emma - no designer papers
Fab 'n' Funky - warm, toasty colours
Opus Gluei - make a scene
Pear Tree Designs - free for all
pile it on - anything goes
Wild Orchid - let's get sentimental
Scrap & Stamp Saturday - anything goes
ResQ chall. - bright bold colors



.

35 comments:

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

This cute card does scream tropical warmth. It's adorable!
Have a happy tuesday, Maria xx

Theresa Momber said...

Oh, I love it on the kraft card base. You did a lovely job with it!

Anne said...

Fabulous card Maria, I soooo wish I was there!!! Hugs x

Cheryl said...

oh maria this is really beautiful,love the sentiment on this,hugs cheryl xxxx

Saskia said...

Beautiful card Maria!!

Saskia :)

debby4000 said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.
luv
Debby

Donna said...

Your card is 'Hot' Maria, I can almost feel the sun beating down on me, great job on the scene. Enjoy your day. Donna x

Mary Duffek said...

Fabulous job! Love the gradient of yellow and orange. CAS and totally fab!

Elena said...

I think you did an amazing job coloring this beautiful scene!

*Vicki* said...

Hi Maria!! WOW!! I just LOVE the colors in your image and how it looks just like a warm sunset!! What a cute sentiment too!!HUGS

Ellie said...

This is fabulous and perfect for our challenge at digital tuesday. I think you did an amazing job with the beach scene and how you colored it, looks perfect to me!

karen said...

Maria, your card is simply stunning! hugs, Karenx

Jenn said...

What a pretty card! Love the colors!

Jenn
www.jaxbeanstalks.blogspot.com

maxine said...

Hi Maria This is beautiful hugs maxine x

Denise said...

Fabulous Maria! This warmed me up right away! Thanks for playing RESQ challenge this week!

Pops x said...

Gorgeous sweetie in gorgeous colours big hugs love pops x x x

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what a sunny card! I really like that image...
xxx Anne-Marije

Crystal said...

What a GORGEOUS scene Maria!!!! Beautifully done!

Marlene said...

I could go for some of that right about now! Lovely card!

Rose said...

i wish i could crawl into that scene right now :)
beautiful card!!

Vicki Romaine said...

Would you believe I have been gone all day and I wanted to really check out your card and write-up this morning. I love the beach and it has gotten me in the mood for my Carribean vacation this July

The colors are lovely and are perfect for my challenge. This is exactly how the tropical sky looks.

Thanks for joining "Let's Relax" at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria this is one very tropical and beautiful card that image is gorgeous just wish I was there, lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Shelly said...

I feel like I walked on to the my favorite beach. Really an exceptional card. It would be nice as a framed picture.

Beth said...

OMGoodness Maria you did a beautiful job on this I love Teresa work and I must say you did her proud.
Hope you were not effected by the explosion in Philly this morning.
Hugs

Rosemary said...

I love this, it is making me think that all this cold weather will give way to warmth - it makes me smile just looking at it. Great technique you've used and you definitely MADE A SCENE!

Thank you, as always, for participating with us at Opus Gluei - it is fun to see what you've created for our challenges!

Susie said...

Beautiful card...love the sentiment and the kraft base sets the colours of the beach off perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Pear Tree Designs this week and good luck xx

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! It is sooooo cold here. I so wish I was in the gorgeous scene you created.

Flutterby Trina said...

Love it! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good luck

hugs

Katrina

xxx

Flutterby Trina said...

Love it! Thanks for joining us at PTD this week, Good luck

hugs

Katrina

xxx

Manuela said...

Simply gorgeous! Well done :)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

LouDotMac said...

This is stunning - I love the warm colours you have used and that sentiment is fab!!

Thanks for joining us over at Pear Tree Designs - good luck in the challenges!!

Lou Mac. xo

P.S - why not head on over to my blog, I have candy available until the 31st.

Patricia Folchert said...

What a wonderful gift on such a cold morning! Thanks for playing along at Scrap and Stamp!

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Dawn said...

Really beautiful card. It gives you a warm feeling when you look at it.

BarbaraW said...

Love that sentiment. Wonderful card. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Cheerful Stamp Pad.