*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 21, 2011

Are you a NO-Reply Blogger???

.




Are you a NO-Reply Blogger????
Have you ever wanted to contact someone who has left a lovely comment on your blog, or respond to a question left in your comments!  I have, many times, but have no way to contact some of you!  So I thought  this wee tutorial might be of interest to some of you!

Many bloggers have their blog comments emailed to them so they don't miss any.   But if you don't have your profile set to show your email...you are a no-reply blogger!  {{{insert scary Jaws music here}}}

If you are wanting to change yours, here's how!

  1. In Blogger.com, click on Dashboard
  2. Select Edit Profile
  3. Check the box for "Show my Email Address"
  4. Save changes.
That was probably easier than you thought, huh?

If you have a question about a bloggy procedure, just shoot me an email or leave a comment!

Have a blessed day!

11 comments:

Patti J said...

I so agree, Maria! How frustrating it is to try to reply to a wonderful comment, and be unable to show appreciation! Glad you thought to post this - you rock! And you really DO rock! I see where you hit 500 followers - WOWZA girl! Congrats!!! Have a great day - hugs!

Sandy O said...

OH, great idea to do a tutorial. I have run into this problem also and feel so bad that I can't get back to the person.

K. Joy said...

LOL! :) You made me laugh with your scary music. ;) I'll go put an e-mail in my dashboard! :) Thanks for the tutorial, though - I probably wouldn't have been able to figure out how!

Toni said...

Thanks for the tip. I went and changed it.

Michele F. said...

So true!! I think I was one of the guilty ones. Thanks!!

Susan said...

Oh my goodness...I'm so confused Maria! I've only been blogging since the first week of March so I'm still learning here. I did what you suggested but before that I would leave a comment for someone and under my name I would add my blog address. Then when a comment was left for me I would see it in my email and then I could go and reply to them. So here's my confusion, is the email way you suggested easier than what I was doing? Is having my email on my profile going to cause me to get more spam? (I'm bad about cleaning my mailbox). And finally, am I still a no-reply blogger even though I do reply as soon as I can? (Insert soap opera music here, da da da, lol). I don't want to be a bad blogger! Help!!

Signed,
Nervous Nelly (Susan) :)
http://cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

Good point, Maria! I am with Susan, too! So much info and so little brain for me...lol! Thanks for the tip! Blessings to you!

Mummylade said...

that is so true =)

Kathleen said...

thanks for this. i've added the tip to my blogging blog and added a link back to your blog from there.
Kathleen Mc xx

Cuttin' and Stampin' Cards said...

OK, I followed the instructions and I we'll see how it goes. When someone left a comment, I would get an e-mail. I would read the e-mail and then click on the person's name and that would bring up their Blog Profile. I would then scroll down the profile and find their blog (or blogs) and click on that link. Then I would look at their work and leave a comment on the post I liked. But this is reeeeealy slowing my system down. Hopefully this is a little faster.

Trish and Treasure said...

Great advise!