*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




April 3, 2011

Blogland Finds & a wee project!

Happy weekend!  Hope you're having a relaxing one!

Is anyone out there thinking about purchasing the new Cricut Imagine?  Not being a current Cricut owner, I was researching (that's what I do & who I am!) info & opinions online!   Found an interesting article HERE and thought I'd share.

While you're there, check out Kay's fun list of FREE fonts  for you to download, if you're a 'collector' like me!

**Do you love crafting with Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock? Do the terms “sand it, tear it, emboss it and antique it” get your brain fired up into a creative frenzy? This could be the design team call you have been waiting for. click  HERE!

**Talk about playing with paper, this is amazing!   Saw this on Jeromina's blog Paper, Plate & Plane !  The instructions are given if you are so inclined!

A rolled paper chess set!!





**Do you love to color with your Copics?  Then this might be the Design Team for you! click HERE!


**FREE admission to U.S. National Parks April 16-24, and a few other dates!  Check it out HERE!


**And finally a little project!  My home decor is primitive/country, and I like cluttered walls (more photos later).  Well, I needed something to 'fill' a space, so I whipped up this bit of pretty!  Twine, wooden spools & wide ribbon, it added just the right amount of color to a small space and it made me happy!  It's hanging on a push pin with a cute button adhered to the front!  How's that for easy decorating?




That's it for today!  I'll be back on Monday, guest designing for a lovely German blog, stay tuned!
Wishing you a blessed Sunday!

.

9 comments:

Grace said...

Hi Maria! Thanks for visiting my blog today! Goodness you have some great tips here... and I love your country wall hanging! I love country too, though I am going through a de-cluttering phase right now! LOL! Have a great day!
hugs,
Grace

Chelsea said...

These chess pieces are sooo cool ... Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Scull said...

the chess pieces are phenomenal! I just can't even imagine taking the time to do that......

and from your other post, I come acros so many neat pix that I love that I think the idea of a 'pin board' is cool! I bet yours is filled with great stuff!

have a wonderful week! :)

Donna said...

Wow you are so creative, your wall hanging looks gorgeous Maria, great tip with the pin too. Hugs Donna x

Allison said...

both look amazing
Hope you had a good weekend
Allisonx

Marlene said...

Rolled paper for those chess pieces? How cool is that!!!!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful home decor project!

Patti J said...

Wowee, Maria - this is SO cool!!! Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful tips with us, and girl, I have spools hanging in my laundry room!!!!! Very nice!!! Hugs...

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

I have a Cricut, the very first version that only cuts 6X12. You cannot cut images that small, not like the ones that do 12X12 but I got it for a good deal on Black Thursday after Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. If I had to do it again, I'd buy a Silhouette, because I think it has more flexibility and you can download singular images from their website and their blog has freebies too.