*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 5, 2011

Books & Ducks!

.



Happy Thursday!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!  The rains have stopped & the sun is finally shinning!  The kids & I will be working outside today.  We're cleaning out some of the sheds & re-organizing now that my hubby's workshop is up & ready to store all his work related stuff!

I wanted to share another good read with you!  This is a book that really set the tone for how I 'perceived' my home.  Not so much a how to clean book...but how to see our home as a haven.  The Hidden Art of Homemaking.

One fun suggestion the author makes that has stuck in my brain, is to try to always have flowers on the table, something YOU can do, for YOU!  It's so simple yet, it's so effective! It amazes me how we rush around to clean the house & make everything seemingly perfect for when company comes but we'll let our family live in a messy home any other day.  I'm so guilty of this right now.  My spring cleaning has spilled over into every room.  My hubby has lived with me long enough to know it's always darkest before the dawn and is so patient with me!  And my excuse is we simply have too much stuff, it takes forever to go through things!  As FlyLady says, "you can't organize clutter!"  Declutter, declutter, declutter!   Anyhoo, it's a great book and an easy read!


Ok, I have a sweet card to share with you today.  Doodle Pantry has just released some awesome new digital images & papers today!   You can see them all HERE at the store!



Stamps: Doodle Pantry (Ducky Duck set)
Papers:  SU! cs, Basic Grey dp
Ink:  Copic markers
Other: SU! punch, Offray ribbon, button.

There is also a new Doodle Pantry challenge today...simply use a DP image and enter.  You'll receive a DP FREEbie just for participating in the challenge!  how cool is that?!   Visit the challenge blog HERE for all the details!

Thanks so much for stopping by today, have a great one!
Blessings!

I shared today's creation with-
Divas by Design
Tip Top Tuesday
Creative Inspirations


.

33 comments:

Chelsea said...

Cute duck!

Heide said...

How very cute. Quack right back at ya!
Love the papers and ribbon together.

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh Maria. This cute image just pops off the page. Loving the background papers and ribbon!

Joan said...

Oh I love this duck - he's wonderful!!! Great card.

Rose said...

that image is too cute!!
have a wonderful Mother's Day girl :)

Elaine Stark said...

A great fun card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

jules said...

oh wow gorgeous card Maria!!

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!

Kristine said...

Fun card Maria!! It totally QUACKS me up!! =) Haha,,, just kidding. Love how BIG your ducky is and the DP and ribbon are super too! =)

Marlene said...

That quacker reminds me of me! HA! He's so cute.

And yes, I agree - DECLUTTER - it's the way!

Sally Morgan said...

Such a happy cute card! Really lovely.
My spring cleaning has gone a bit nuts too, way too much clutter here! But I do agree with the book, my table is ALWAYS clear (the rest of the house not so mostly!), with beautiful fresh white flowers on it...it does make a house feel more homely and welcoming.
Thank you for sharing!
*hugs* Sal x

Karen Howard said...

Really pretty, I love the ribbon and paper you used, so stunning together.

Bettina said...

so cute and adorable. im so glad you joined us over at DBD. hugs!

Anita said...

This is so adorable... what a cute image. Thanks for joining in the Divas By Design Challenge this week.

Audrey Pettit said...

Tooooo cute! Love that duck image! Really fun paper, too, and I adore the scallops and the big bow.

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Such a cute image Maria!! Love your coloring!! :) Thanks for sharing! *Vicki* from Stamped Smiles

Amy Johnson said...

How adorable! I love the pretty papers and the ribbon you used!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is the cutest Maria!! I just love your sweet duck and the black and white gingham is perfect!!

hugs,
Chris

Laurie said...

What an adorable duck card! Love the papers you put with him and the black accents! Interesting book!! I think we tend to forget about those simple things, don't we!! I know I do. Thanks for the refreshing reminder!

Leanne said...

Really cute card!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!  Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Sandy Ang said...

Such a cute card ! Love the colours

Maggie's Crafts said...

So adorable!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday in OPEN CHALLENGE!

Maggie
xx

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous love your colour choice and the design, big hugs love pops x x x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Elena said...

Cute, cute ducky!
Thank you for sharing about this book! Sounds very interesting and useful too!

JustYolie said...

Adorable card! TFS!

Dawn said...

Very cute, thanks for joining us at DBD x

Patti J said...

Your card is too much fun! Love that perky little ducky, don't you? Great job, as always, Maria! How do I de-clutter, if DH wants to save every tiny scrap of paper, electrical cord, broken shoelace, etc???? HELP! Thanks for the tip on the fresh flowers - what fun! Hugs...

Lorie said...

That card is cute, cute, cute! I adore the ribbon!

Kathy Winter said...

Such a cute card Maria! I love it:)

Glenda Atkins said...

Sooooo cute Maria and I love your background paper and the ribbon! That ducky makes you smile just to look at him.

maranda said...

hihi thats a nice images, very pretty!!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is so cute, beautiful papers and layout!