*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 23, 2011

Eat Dirt & be Mud Happy!

Happy Monday!

Can you think of anything better than being Mud Happy?!!  lol  

Stamps:  Doodle Pantry (mud piggy set) pre-colored,
SU! seeing spots set
Paper:  SU! cs, Doodle Pantry digital paper (mud piggy set)
Other:  seambinding ribbon, corner punch,
dimensionals.

Isn't this a fun image?  I popped up the sweet face of this piggy for added interest!  I'm lovin' that Laurie has been adding coordinating digital papers to the sets!

There's a new Doodle Pantry challenge up, for all the prize details pop over to the Doodle Pantry challenge blog!

And while we're playing in the mud, how about some Wormy Dirt pudding?


This is so easy to make!

  1. make pudding & chill
  2. put some Oreo cookies in a ziploc bag
  3. use a rolling pin to crush Oreos
  4. cover the bottom of a 'serving size' cup with crushed cookies
  5. spoon in pudding
  6. strategically place gummy worm 
  7. sprinkle more cookie crumbs on top
  8. eat!
These are very basic instructions.  You can find a variety of recipes on the web...adding cool whip to the pudding and so on!   I know most people use plastic cups for serving this fun treat, but you know how I like to add special touches to my dinner table, so I used my Princess House glasses!  lol

If you really want to be thrifty & "Martha Stewart-like" here's a very easy recipe!

Homemade Chocolate Pudding
(6 servings)


  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup baking cocoa
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups milk
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract

  • In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. 
  • Chill until serving.

Here's hoping you all have a Mud Happy day!
Blessings!




I'm sharing today's creations with -

Craft Us Crazy - Something new and/or favourite embellishment...seambinding
Crafts and Me -Anything goes
Creative Belli -  Anything starting with S....seam binding 
Penny's Paper-Crafty -Anything Goes
Truly Scrumptious -  Anything Goes 
Lexi's Creations - Spots and/or stripes
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
Stamps R Us - use something digi
Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes
Creative Stamp Friends -My favourite colours
Pink Elephant -  Favourite colour combo, polka dots and crinkle ribbon
Woodware USA - Anything Goes
2 Sisters -Use A Digi
Alphabet Challenge - clean & simple.
Mami Doodles -  Spots and/or stripes.
Wags 'n Whiskers -  Circles.
and these linky parties HERE!



Your Next Stamp Challenges

40 comments:

Sally Morgan said...

Fantastic card Maria...so much fun...I love pigs! AND that pud looks fab, I could eat it now lol.

*hugs* Sal x

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh Maria!! What a cute little piggy!! :) I adore your coloring!! Those desserts look so perfect for those Summer dirty kids!! LOL!! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, *Vicki*

K. Joy said...

Hee hee! Your card is so cute, Laurie's pig has such a cute expression on its face! :) And yum, yum, does your mud look good!! ;) Great way to eat worms, right! Eeew, just saying that is gross! But your treat really does look like a great early summer dessert!

Mary said...

Thank you for sharing your pudding recipe on Masterpiece Monday, I'm always looking for ways to make homemade dessert instead of buying chemical filled ones from the store. I'm going to try this with Splenda. Have a great week, Mary :O)

classic • casual • home said...

I have a teenage boy who would still think this is a great delicious funny dessert.

Audrey Pettit said...

Goodness, what a cute, cute card, Maria! Love the little piggy. Love the paper, too, and the warm brown tones. Brown is my favorite color, so I always get happy when I see it.
Love those wormy pudding cups. They are just tooooo much fun.

Fleur said...

Fab card Maria, I love the pudding too
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Diane said...

Your card is sooooo cute Maria and love the fab recipes !! Just love the piggy image !!

Thanks for playing along with us at Woodware USA

Lisa said...

eeeee! This is so cute! and that pudding looks Deeeelish :) I love how you popped up the piggie's head & face. Very cute card indeed!

Mindy said...

this card made me smile, bigtime !!! Thank you !!

" me " said...

oooh!
I'm in a ' i need some chocolate and I mean now' mood and i don't have chocolate at the house !

And this looks so cute !!!!!!!!!!!

Cheryl said...

Oh this is so cute! I love this little piggy.

I just saw these treats posted on another blog. HOw fun! My DD would have loved these when she was a little younger.

I hope you have a great week!

thestampingbug said...

That piggy is so stinkin' cute!!! I love dirt cups too! Thanks for playing in the WoodwareUSA challenge this week. Good luck! Kerry

Marlene said...

that piggy is so cute! What an adorable card!

Sorry I haven't been around much this week - took some time away from bloggy land to spend with my visiting daughter. :)

Patti J said...

Totally cute, Maria! Love the pink and brown, and those gummy puddings are adorable!!! You rock, my friend!

Pat (mspfd) said...

So sweet and precious, Maria. What a cute card.

Pat (mspfd) said...

So sweet and precious, Maria. What a cute card.

Kristine said...

Hi Maria! What a CUTE mud Piggy card! Your brown ribbon is awesome with it--perfect! Ooo, we used to make those worms in the dirt too for our MOPS group when my kids were little. FUN FUN! *Ü*

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Maria.Love that pig .Like how you have added dimension by 3D ing his face .Love the background paper too .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Donna said...

Adorable card Maria, I love Piggies and how scrummy is your worm pudding...yum yum :) Donna x

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Wonderful card love the CAS design thank you for joining us at AC
Hugs
Tamara

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Thank you for joining in our Bingo Challenge at Anything goes

Invitation to our Birthday celebrations.
Tuesday 31st Anything Goes Challenge Blog!
will be 1 year old and to celebrate we are holding a blog hop with candy and prizes to be won. Hope you can come and join us
Hugs
Tamara

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous card thanks for joining us at Alphabet challenge this week x

Kobie's Crafty Corner said...

This is a lovely card, the piggy is just so cute....
Thank You for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week, hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Kobie - Lexi's DT

~Tammy~ said...

This is an adorable card! Love the recipe! I love that recipe and I need to do it with my little one it's been awhile! Thanks for reminding me and sharing again!

Lisa aka Myran said...

Such a fun and sweet card! And what a yummy recipe!! Thanks for joining us at Mami Doodles :)

Donna said...

What a cute card Maria, love that image and i will have to try these mud pies, I know a little boy that would think these were sooooo coooool. hugs Donna x

Kathy and Lucky said...

Love the cursor :) Your card is so cute, what a sweet little face on that piggy. The mud pies and recipes are so great as well. A lot of fun going on here. Thanks for joining us at Stamps R Us.

Kathy Winter said...

Great card Maria! Love that li'l piggy and the mud pies look so delicious! I'm going to try these very soon:) Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Karen Howard said...

Super cute, I love your mud piggy card and what gorgeous ribbon!

Heide said...

Absolutely adorable! Love what you have done with the Digi paper.
Dirt pudding looks yummy too!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Now this little pig is cute! I love how you've popped it and added to the digi paper, so nice!

Glenda Atkins said...

What a cute piggy, I adore him and your card is wonderful! Your 'wormy dirt pudding' goes so well with your summer piggy card -lol. Your bow is awesome. Neat!

glenda

Something Swanky Cupcakes and Desserts said...

This looks wonderful! I love pudding. And I'd love for you to link up to my sweet treats party tomorrow! Hope to see you there :)
Ashton
www.somethingswanky.com
PS- feel free to add your link party to my linky collection!

Hannah Clark said...

That pig is so cute! I love your cute card! Thanks for joining us at Penny's!

Mary J said...

Just brilliant - thx for sharing!

Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party again!

Mary J x

Silvia said...

Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Robbie said...

So cute, love the popped up face and that shabby chic chocolate bow is absolutely yummy!

Becolorful said...

Oh I am so glad you linked this up to Motivated Monday at BeColorful. I used to have this recipe, or one similar to it and somehow misplaced it. Too fun and cute.
Thanks again for linking up.
Pam

Laurie said...

oh my gosh, how cute!