*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 3, 2011

Enjoy Every Moment!

Happy Tuesday!

Hope you're enjoying your week.  Can't believe Mother's Day is this weekend, wow, summer is just around the corner!  Did anyone go swimsuit shopping yet?  I haven't even checked out the new trends this year.  I wouldn't want to be on the beach in polka dots if I should be wearing stripes!

I was feeling a bit shabby chic for this week's challenge @ Digital Tuesday!  Bet you couldn't tell what the new challenge is from looking at my card.  Yes, I finally pulled out some embellishments, no CAS card today.    Though I know it's still a pretty plain design to some!  This design was inspired by the ladies over at Emma's Paperie.  I love how they use little envelopes & such on their creations.

Sentiment: Create w/TLC  digital
Papers:  Basic Grey dp, SU! kraft cs
Other: MS border punch, Nesties, 
vintage seam binding, button, twine,
Prima flowers,charm.

Ok, so the challenge today is to use ribbon & lace!  I used paper lace in the form of MS doily punch & vintage seambinding ribbon.  love that stuff!  Copied a page of the phone book onto my kraft cardstock for added interest.  (I used a page from the yellow pages so I wouldn't be posting anyone's home number & address! lol)  I hope you have an opportunity to come play with us.  You may create whatever you like as long as it has a digital element to it & follows the theme to add ribbon/lace!   Digital Tuesday Challenge!


Well, if you remember, I "found" my sewing machine this last week.  I was having such fun playing, working on eco-friendly projects and all!  But now my top thread keeps breaking!!  It snaps while I'm zooming along.  The stitches up until it snaps are perfect, so I'm thinking it's not the tension!  Any suggestions?  I'm sure it's more operator error than machine error!  I've tried different thread and switched to a lighter fabric but it still snaps.  I'll probably just take it to the repair shop so I don't mess anything up...maybe they can give me some sewing pointers too!  Guess, my sewing is on 'break' for now!

Thanks for stopping by!
Praying peace, joy & much love over each of you!
Blessings!


I've shared today's creation with -


Digital Tuesday - ribbon & lace
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Cupcake Craft - Something beginning with C....Charm!
Design Dollies - colors
Kaboodle Doodles - 'B' embellishments
Make it Monday - Anything goes
My Partner in Crafting Crime - Use numbers
Pollycraft - Anything Goes
Stamp with Fun - Lace or Ribbon
Woodware USA -  Blue, Yellow and Brown
Creative Inspirations - use a Digi.
Dream Valley Challenges - Flowers
Scrappy Frogs - Anything goes
BasicGrey - Use Charms
Crazy 4 Challenges - 3 DP's, 2 Flowers, 1 Button
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge - Anything goes.
Paper Cutz - Anything goes.
Simply Create - Time to rock the metal.
Wags 'n Whiskers - Use die/punch.
Moving Along With The Times - Anything goes.
Paper Play -Use an item not intended for crafting...phone book page!
Stamp Insanity - Use metal.
Your Next Stamp Challenge - use a charm


Take a Look Tuesday @ Sugar Bee
Handmade Tuesday @ Ladybug Blessings
Get Your Craft on Tuesday@ Today's Creative Blog
The CSI Project
A Crafty Soiree
Tuesday Talent @ Vintage Wanna Bee
A Silly Little Sparrow- Toot Your Horn Tuesdays
Not JUST A Housewife- Show Me What Ya Got!
Workshop Wed @ Goodbye City, Hello Suburbs!
Amaze Me August Tuesdays @ Bella before & after.
It's a Crafty Life
Too Cute Tuesday @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe




I've been chosen as a...




.

40 comments:

Susan said...

Maria, this is so pretty! What a fun idea to use a page from the yellow pages. I never would have thought to do that but it's a great idea!

Swimsuit shopping? I'd rather get a root canal! lol

Susan

Donna said...

Hi Maria, what a beautiful card, love your envelope, thats a great idea, got me thinking about gift vouchers, money etc as gifts. Sorry to hear about your poor sewing machine, you've exhausted it already lol Sorry i can't help you out but I don't know much about sewing machines but i hear horizontal stripes are in for swimsuits lol. hugs Donna x

sari said...

Hi Maria! What a wonderfully,lovely,prety & shabby card!! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs & sunshine!/Sari

*Vicki* said...

Oh my word Maria!! This is gorgeous!! LOVE the pretty design, papers and oh so Vintage shabby chic and yummy!! ;)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Maria this is absolutely beautiful I love the Shabby Chic style and your design and colours have been a delight to see.
Hugs
Lorraine x

karen said...

Hi Maria, what a beautiful creation, I love this! The doily punch is so gorgeous, mine broke (I had real tears)!
hugs, Karenxx

pinky said...

Stunning creation Maria!! Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.
Pinky

Pami said...

This is wonderful Maria, love the colours and the ribbon. Thanks for joining in with us at MAWTT this week, hope to see you again soon. Pami x

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Maria

Totally stuning card - love it! Thanks so much for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck.

Tina

Crystal said...

Oh my GOODNESSSSSSS I SOOO LOVE this Maria, absolutely GORGEOUS and creative design, stunning girl!

Chrissy said...

Hi! Maria...I have been playing around with your wee flower cursor...so cute, Your card is gorgeous,love the shabby chic look,

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’
Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Luv CHRISSYxx

TJ @ MeasuringFlower.com said...

Following back from MeasuringFlower.com. Thanks!

Amy Johnson said...

Such a creative and pretty card. What a great idea to use 'paper lace'!

Cindy said...

Love your card Maria!! Beautiful bow that you made!! I love the charm and flower too! What a great idea to use the envelope as well!! Awesome!

Monica said...

Love your cursor and the header of your blog.

Now to this creation - truly shabby chic. Wonderful, really! Saw it at Michelle's MIM.

Happy crafting,

Monica

Marlene said...

WOWEE, Maria, this is soooo pretty! Love it! And no, no swim suit this year for me. AAACK.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

wow, this card is AMAZING! So many different elements that come together and make it so pretty! Awesome job :)

I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/05/your-whims-wednesday-5-and-features.html

Riet said...

So beautiful Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Maria - love the shabby-chic vintage look - the details you've added are fabulous. A really beautiful project. Thank you for joining in the fun at MAWTT this week. Hugs, Sylvia x

Faye said...

What a lovely creation. Thanks for joining in at Cupcake this week. x

Sandy O said...

What a great card and paper. The bow is perfect, the ribbon you used is so pretty.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cute, cute card, Maria! I love the paper lace and the seam binding, and what an adorable envelope. You are so clever to copy the phone book. Love that look on the kraft.
Sorry to hear about your sewing machine troubles. Did sound like a tension thing to me, but who knows? Sounds like you do need it looked at. Bummer.

Lin said...

Marie what a pretty creation and just perfect for our flowers challenge at Dream Valley.

Lin xx

Scrapaddict said...

Beautiful! Love the charm hanging from the flower! Thanks for playing Simply Create this week!

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, gorgeous work, hugs ♥ pops x x x

Mary J said...

Beautiful!! The layout is gorgeous!

Thx for sharing with us at Make It Monday!

Mary J x

KarenB said...

Gorgeous card Maria :) Thanks for playing with the Dollies :)

Lacey Stephens said...

Fabulous card! Great take on the diecuts and Punches challenge. Thanks for playing along with the Wags 'n Whiskers challenge.
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com
Wags 'n Whiskers Rubber Stamps

kelli said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT! x

Marlena M. said...

Have you tried putting a little sewing machine oil on it? Many times I have to clean out dust bunnies in the "gears?" and then I oil it.
Thank you for that awesome recipe and yummy card designs! ;)

michele said...

Beautiful card Maria! thanks for joining us this week hugs x

.:♥MMDesigns♥:. said...

Awesome card Maria! I love that bow and that little envelope is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Pollycraft!
Hugs, Marit.

Rachel Izakowicz said...

This is stunning! I love everything about this card - beautiful patterned paper, gorgeous embellishments, not too cluttered- yum! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

sparklingblackrose said...

Lovely :-) Thank you so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime this time-hope to see you again soon! Elaine PCC DT xxx

Jill said...

Beautiful! I love the little lace like detail!

Scrapamum said...

Very pretty card!!!! Thanks for playing with the Design Dollies!

wendipooh13 said...

what a pretty card!!!!! great job with the colors, and thank sooo much for playing along with the Dollies!!!!!

Giò said...

ohhh super cute!!! I love your style!! Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Karen @ Goodbyecityhellosuburb said...

Thanks for linking to Workshop Wednesday! After reading your blog I discovered pininterest! I like it when I discover new things!

bosenberries said...

Such a beautiful card again Maria! Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin