*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 10, 2011

fetch the COMFY Chair!

Happy Tuesday!   I have a nice CAS card for you today.   I absolutely love this image!!! (Thank you Amy!)

Don't you just love this big comfy chair?  I can hardly say that without thinking of Monty Python & the Spanish Inquisition...oh no, not the comfy chair!!!!

Sorry if that makes no sense to you whatsoever.  My family walks around quoting MP frequently...no, it's just a flesh wound!  lol ok, I'll stop now!


This week's challenge @ Digital Tuesday is to use the sentiment,'Thinking of you'. You can create any craft you choose as long as there is a digital element to it!  Pop over to the challenge blog to see the gorgeous DT creations & read about the prize on offer this week!  Digital Tuesday Challenge blog!

I was visiting Stef the other day and noticed she had started using a box to list her cardmaking materials.  I liked the look of hers, so I gave it a go...not sure I'm liking mine.  Will have to give it some thought!  lol

Enjoy your day!
Blessings!


Products Used
Claudia & Co stamp
SU! cs
Little Yellow Bicycle dp
Cuttlebug embossing folder,
floss & dimensionals 




I've shared today's creation with -


Craft Your Passion - Checks
Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes
Scrappy Frogs - Anything goes
Sentimental Sunday - Anything goes
Card Creations & More By C -Must Use Embossing
Catch The Bug - Anything Goes
Marks Finest Papers -  No Embellishments
Phindy’s Place -  Embossing.
Paper Play - 2E –  Show us your style
Simon Says Stamp - paper piecing or piercing
*and some link parties
Take a Look Tue @ Sugar Bee
Craft Catwalk @ Embellishing Life
Homemade Tue @ Ladybug Blessings
Get your Craft on @ Today's Creative
A Crafty Soiree
Talent Tuesday @ Vintage WannaBee
Toot you Horn Tue @ Silly Little Sparrow
Show Me What ya Got @Not Just a Housewife
Too Cute Tue @ Funky Polkadot Giraffe
Workshop Wed @ Goodbye City, Hello Suburbs!
Amaze Me August Tuesdays @ Bella before & after.
It's a Crafty Life





.

26 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i'll email you the box i have.

super card btw!

hugs, stef (Glitterbabe)

do check me out, my store and
Glitterbabe@Stitchy Bear

Patti J said...

"My philosophy, like color television, is all there in black and white." lol.... That comfy chair looks amazingly tempting to this sleepy old lady! We pulled in here at 3:10 a.m. Ugh.... DH had 7 a.m. mtg. I'm very bleary eyed! Great card, Maria, and fun that you are a MP fan! Hugs...

Amy Johnson said...

What a perfect CAS card and the perfect image to use for a 'Thinking of You' card. Great job with the challenge!

Dawn said...

What a lovely CAS card! Keep inspiring us Maria!

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, stunning creation, love the chair it is fab, gorgeous work, hugs ♥ Pops x x x

Elena said...

Love this cozy chair! And love how you decorated pillow! What a sweet touch! :)

Susan said...

Hi Maria!

I love the card, the chair looks so comfy! I do like the box for instuctions and think that's a great idea. Good luck with the challenge!

Susan

Dorcas said...

Hi Maria!
This is a really cute CAS card,Thanks so much for playing with us at Phindy's this week. :-)
Hugs,
Dorcas
ps) there's still time to join in my "no strings attached" blog candy if you haven't already done so. Its open til May 13th and you can find it located at the top of my sidebar. I hope you can play!

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh what a comfy looking chair!!! This is a great card! Thanks for playing along with Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is darling and so fun!! You pull off CAS cards beautifully!!
hugs,
Chris

Stacey Donaldson said...

I am not very creative, but I have creative thoughts :-) I usually recruit my sister to execute the plans!

I love your cards, I had to call my sister over to see too!

Thank you so much for the follow.

Stacey

Ann English said...

I think it's terrific! Love this CAS card-takes a real knack to make one well :)
Thank you for joining us this week for our anniversary challenge. Don't forget the blog hop-opportunity for a prize!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

I love it, a big comfy chair is always a nice thing! PS: I totally get the MP reference, my husband can find way too many ways to reference those guys in daily life!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

nicoleqmullen said...

What a fabby CAS card, the chair looks amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

craftybunny said...

Brilliant CAS card.Love your use of the checks.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Cec said...

Great CAS card. The embossing on the chair gives it a nice texture - a bit like chenile fabric. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place.
Hugs!
Cec

Julie M said...

Great card, Maria - loving that big squishy chair - you're so good at CAS, I can't do it at all!!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Rose said...

super comfy :)love the embossed pillow

Harriet Skelly said...

I love that comfy chair and that layout! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is a brilliant card. I love the pop of that squishy chair against the neutral card stock and the way it's escaping from its frame! Monty Python makes perfect sense to me!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun card, Maria! I love the CAS design. The kraft background and the black framework are wonderful, and I love the paper piecing on that comfy chair.
Oh, and we love us some MP at our house, too. ;)

Colleen Dietrich said...

OH, and thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Colleen Dietrich said...

You have me chuckling here, Maria, over your MP quotes. Although I did not watch the show, I have a friend who quotes MP enough that I feel like I have seen those episodes!

Min said...

This is just adorable! Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for The Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min

Susan Raihala said...

What a great CAS card!!!! That chair looks so inviting! Thanks for playign along with Speedy's Friends this week!