*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 24, 2011

Let the SMASHing begin!

Happy Tuesday!

Have you heard of smash books yet?   It's a wonderful place to gather your thoughts, ideas, souvenirs, paint chips, lists, sketches, etc.

I've always been a collector; gather-er of thoughts & ideas!  That, combined with my love of lists has led to many, many smash books...I just didn't realize there was a name for my books!  lol  

Here's one I'm just starting....


Altered Compostion notebook


I've used digital paper, digi image, stamped images, digi sentiment, Crafty Secrets vintage cuts, gold embossing, gold embossed cardstock (for the butterflies), clear bubble sentiments, vintage photo, jewelry, vintage seam-binding, punches and the all important gold Stickles!

This is MY book so I've used all of my favorite things on the cover....now I'm anxious to start filling it up!

Today's challenge @ Digital Tuesday is to add texture to your project....and a digital element, of course!  Check out the challenge blog for all the prize info & gorgeous DT creations!   Digital Tuesday Challenge blog!

ETA:   someone just mentioned what a great project this would be for the kiddos during summer break!   Add all their summer adventure tid-bits from trips or from their own backyard!

My heart goes out to all those affected by the recent storms/tornados!!!   I can't believe the devastation I'm seeing on the news.  We had an F1 tornado touch down to the north of us & I saw the destruction that caused, trying to grasp anything stronger &  more powerful to me is just unimaginable!  Praying peace, healing & provision over all!

Please know that each of you are special, beautiful & loved!
Be Blessed!


I've shared today's creations with -
*Creative Stamp Friends -My favourite colours
*Creative Belli -  Anything starting with S 
*Paper Playtime - add a charm
*Inspire Me Fridays -anything goes
Cupcake Craft - Bookworm
Simon Says Stamp - Sparkle & Shine.
DDH Challenges -  Anything but a card
Karens Doodles -  Make it Sparkle
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
2 Sisters - Use A Digi
Crafty Emma - Embellish It 
Patties Creations - Anything but a card.
Dutch Dare Card Challenge -  Altered art project.
Paper Romance -  Anything but a card.
Crafting for all Seasons -  Anything goes
Little Claire's  -  Sparkle
and some linky parties 

35 comments:

ScrappingStephanie said...

LOVE this. Your cover is just gorgeous too. I really like the idea of these books. Helps to keep all those things in once place. Thanks for the great inspiration;)

Sandy O said...

Oh My Gosh!!! What a fabulous project. Such a great idea to keep all you momentoes in.

Patti J said...

Diggin' that Smash Book, dear friend! You are right - what a great idea for the kids this summer! A good way to teach them to save all their little trinkets and ticket stubs and wrappers, etc.... wish I had done that! Yes, the devastation is terrible. Joplin, Mo. is the town just up the highway from where we have been traveling every week. I was thinking last night, while watching the Weather Channel reporting, that the winds associated with that tornado were blowing faster than any of our vehicles can be driven. Astounding, isn't it? Take care today - we're about 15 minutes from packing it up and gettin' on the road again!!! Hugs...

Kelly Massman said...

Love, love, love your journal!

Chrissie said...

Beautiful! What a great idea

Cheryl said...

oh hun love love your journal you are so talented hun this is just brilliant hugs cheryl xxxxx

Sandi said...

Maria - awesome Smash Book! I've never heard that term before, but it looks great!
Thanks for playing in our 'NO, NO, NO Cards' Challenge #22!
♥ Sandi
DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
and Pattie's shop
Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

Jane said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp's Challenge, hugs, Jane x

Amy Tidd said...

I NEED a smash book!! Right something else to add to my must craft pile! Thanks for the inspiration!! Xx

Liza said...

Gorgeous work Maria. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Jenny @ Embellishing Life said...

I love a cute notebook! I hope you'll come over and link up at the craft catwalk today :)
http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/2011/05/craft-catwalk-31.html

Sarah said...

Visiting from It's a Crafty Life...what a great idea! Your book is super cute and I love the idea for it as a summer activity. My 9 year old daughter would very much enjoy it. :-)

Donna said...

Oh is that what they are called? lol, I love my books too but I haven't made my own, you have tempted me now. Love your wee book hun and all your wee embellishments. hugs Donna x

Chrissy said...

Lists!!! I have lists all over the place...great idea...I need one of these pronto...


Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

sari said...

This is such a beautiful notebook! Love all the details you have added! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good luck! Hugs & Sunshine!/sari

*Vicki* said...

I just love having these gardening books!! This one is gorgeous Maria!! I love your elements and design!! Thanks for sharing! Smiles, *Vicki*

Marlene said...

I've never heard of a smash book! How cool!

Jennifer said...

Lovely creation! Thanks for playing at CES challenges....hope you join us again! xx Jenny xx

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is very cool Maria I just got an advertisement for this from Archivers.

Melissa said...

That is SO cute! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Melissa

MyCraftieLife.Blogspot.com

Ellie said...

Can I just say WOW!! This is amazing Maria. Love all of the different stamps and embellishments! I have been wanting to create something in this style forever but I never know where to even start. Absolutely LOVE it!!

Donna Mosley said...

LOve this gorgeous smash book, what a fab idea. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x

Donna said...

Ooooh this is such a fab book Maria and so beautifully embellished! I love the name SMASH Book...sounds really cool!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us at CES this week :)
Donna
oxoxo

Jan said...

This is gorgeous Maria! Thanks for joining us at CFAS xx Jan DT member

Pattie G said...

Maria,
What a great notebook! Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs ♥

Delphine said...

Gorgeous, Maria! Wonderful details and I love the idea! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Marianne said...

My oldest daughter is in first grade and all the first graders this year got a smash book to write in this summer as they adventure out in the world. Then when school starts again the second grade teachers will use these books with the children to learn more about them both socially and educationally.
Hmm, sorry if I just made up some words, but English is not my first language :)

MARY B said...

Super project, thanks for joining us at Little Claires. Mary x

Anneke said...

What a wonderful card!
hugs Anneke

Audrey Pettit said...

How gorgeous this is, Maria!! I didn't know that this was called a smash book, either. Glad to know they have a name. :)
Totally love the combination of goodies you included on your cover. Have a ball filling it up with goodness.

Mary J said...

So beautiful Maria!

Thx for linking it up to the Make It Monday party too!

Mary J x

Michelle Single said...

You were ahead of your time! HA! Such a beautiful place to collect your thoughts! Thanks for adding this beauty to the Digi Design House gallery!

Milliesmarvels said...

This is beautiful Maria and such a great idea. Thanks for joining us for the CES Challenge!
Jane
x

Vicky Hayes said...

We just call these journals! They are fabulous whatever they're called and the perfect place to put all those inspirational ideas and drawings and poems and quotes etc... Yours is beautiful. Vx

Gry said...

Fantastic project! Love everything about it!
Thanks for joining CFAS this week!
Hugs Gry