*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




May 4, 2011

Strawberry Shortcake

Happy Wednesday!

We were out working in the yard here & there over the last few days.  Brought out the patio furniture from storage...a sure sign that summer is right around the corner!  

Another sure sign, fresh strawberries!



I went a big grunge for this one, huh?   Found this old strawberry box label at Graphics Fairy, too fun!

Here's something a little fresher...


Homemade strawberry shortcake!

Let me just say, there was milk in this bowl.  By the time it took me to adjust the camera for the picture, the shortcake absorbed all the milk!  lol     This was my piece; hubby & kids put so many strawberries on theirs that you can't even see the cake!  And one child doesn't eat strawberries, just the cake!

Want this incredibly easy to make recipe?  

Shortcake...

2 cups sugar
2 eggs
cream together sugar & eggs,
add one at a time-
1/2 cup butter, melted
4 cups flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
2 cup milk
Pour into cake pan.  Batter will be a bit thick!
Bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes.

yum!  My oldest son usually bakes this & makes us 2 or 3 pans!!  
I hope you'll give it a try!

So glad you stopped by, enjoy your day!
Blessings!

PS.  If you become a follower (thank you!), please make sure there is a way for me to find you & visit you too!!  I will gladly share the love....if I know where to share it!

I've shared today's creations with-

Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes 
Sweet Stamps -Olden Days or Vintage
Top Tip Tuesday - anything Goes 
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Desert Island Crafters - distressing, words, use ink on something other than a stamp, punches, no flowers.
4 Crafty Chicks - Distressing.
Paper Romance - Summer.


My Backyard Eden- Make it Yours
Sew Much Ado- We Did it Wednesday
Your Whims Wed - My girlish whims
Whatever Goes Wed @ Someday Crafts
Show & Tell @ Blue Cricket
Creative Share Wed @  Trendy Treehouse
Look What I Made @ Creations by Kara
Beach Cottage Good Life Wed
Whatever Wednesday @ Momma Hens coop


.

32 comments:

Janis said...

So what time was I suppose to be there for dessert? Yummy card, yummy food, and I love the header picture on your blog! :) Janis

Elise said...

Yummie Yummie Yummie,
Thanks for sharing the recipe!! I love cake, and never had a shortcake...i certainly will make it one off these days!
Greetings from Holland!
Elise

Jacki Randolph said...

Beautiful vintage image and yummy dessert! Thanks for sharing the recipe will definitely be giving this one a try. Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us at Sweet Stamps.

Jacki - SS DT

Gina said...

I was loving the card and then I saw the shortcake! Still love the card but can't get the shortcake out of my mind. I love strawberries!

Crystal said...

YUMMMMO Maria what time is dessert???? teehee!! beautiful card too, LOVE strawberries :)))

Marlene said...

Mental note to self: NEVER COME HERE WHEN HUNGRY!

Heehee! BEAUTIFUL card, Maria. Gorgeousness. I'm hungry. Did I mention that?

Donna said...

Ok, thats just not fair! I have just had to eat a biscuit and its not satisfying my need for strawberry shortcake! I will definatly try out this recipe, i'm not banking on it turning out as well as yours though lol.Oh your card, see you distracted me, your card is yummy too, I love the grunge look.....sorry......still thinking of the cake. hugs Donna

jules said...

Oh Wow gorgeous card!!! and i must have a go at the recipe! thank you!

Cheryl said...

oh hun that card is just brilliant you always have some amazing images and oh that recipe looks,so yummy hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Dawnll said...

Fun card and great recipe
Thank you for sharing with us this week at
Sweet Stamps Challenge
Have a sweet week.

Anne said...

Wow Maria, both your card and shortcake look yummy. Will have to give your recipe a go. Thanks for sharing. Hugs x

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

This looks delicious!! Love the card!

Danni said...

Love your card but yummy, that dessert looks so delicious!!

Chelsea said...

Yummy!!!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Maria you are a temptress showing that beautiful card then that scrummy looking shortcake it looks delicious,
Hugs
Lorraine x

very merry vintage style said...

Beautiful card and thanks for the recipe! Thanks for linking to my Share the Love link party!
Mary

MommaHen said...

This looks sooo yummy! Be sure to come back on Monday and link up for Yum-Monday!

Survey Junkie said...

I love Strawberry Shortcake and that looks so yummy I wish I was there to have some.. lol

I'm also your newest GFC follower.
Have a great week,
Stacy
www.sjunkie.com

Melinda said...

I love strawberries and that sign is so cute!

Thanks for hoppiing by and for following. I am now following you too. =0)

http://affordingcommoncents.blogspot.com

Kreativmonster said...

What a pretty card! I love strawberries, just can't wait for the season to start, and surely will test your recipe! Thanks so much for this and for joining us at stamps&fun=CREATIVITY!

Nadell said...

Yummy. I love strawbeeries. Thanks for joining us at SFC.

Hugs Nadell

Meera said...

hmmmm yummy.... Can we forget about the card and concentrate on the desert lol? Only kidding, fab card and yummy desert. Thanks for sharing with us at Papertake Weekly.

x Meera x

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love the vintage label. I was eating strawberries sitting at my computer right now (no shortcake though). Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

*Vicki* said...

Oh how yummy!! LOVE the Vintage style image Maria!! Really gorgeous creation!! Thanks for sharing! *Vicki* from Stamped Smiles

Sandy Hulsart said...

Very yummy! Sadly the rules at Sweet Stamps limit you to 10 challenges per entry to be elibilbe to win the prize. Perhaps you will visit us again.

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

Yummmm, I love strawberry shortcake :)

Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!

Posh Cat Crafts said...

Hi Love your card and that is one gorgeous piece of cake!
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stamps
Hugs
Tamara

* Üla * said...

This is a beautiful vintage card, Maria. I love your lovely image. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
hugs Ula

Elena said...

The cake and the card look so yummy!
Thank you so much for sharng a recipe!!! :)

Samantha said...

SWEET! card! Thanks for joining in with us on the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge! hugs Samantha :0)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us at SFC.....

Hugs
GDT-Bella

Alison said...

This is beautiful! I love this type of vintage art! So pretty, happy and springy! Thank you for playing along with the Desert Islands Crafters Challenge!