*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 20, 2011

Bear Hugs & FREEbie Fun!

Happy Tuesday!

I have lots of links for you today!   Are you ready?

First a sweet card.  I'm not much of a bear person but for Laurie, I'll make an exception!  Her images are so lovely to work with!


Stamps: Doodle Pantry digi (beary cute)
sentiment: CG
Papers: Little Yellow Bicycle (snuggle bug-girl),
Other:  circle cutting system, vintage seam binding ribbon,
tag die/stamp (MFT)


Isn't this the cutest?  I used Gimp to digitally 'fill-in' the coloring on my bear.  too fun!

These papers are a perfect match to SU! pink pirouette so I used a re-inker to dye some vintage white seam binding to match.  
  1. simply cut ribbon to size
  2. place ribbon in a small cup
  3. put in a few drops of the re-inker 
  4. add a little water to cover, set aside
By the time I was finished making my CAS card the ribbon was done.  I dried it with my heat gun and added it to my card!   easy peasy!

Doodle Pantry is currently running a "Stock the Pantry" challenge, use any DP image and enter to win!  AND
Digital Tuesday's new challenge is to use ice cream colors!  I used Neapolitan colors!   yumm-O!




Here are some fun things I've been playing with....

Have you seen the most recent FREE templates from Paper Crafts???   Downloads available HERE!


Like to try new techniques?  Dana Parlevliet makes some AMAZINGthe paper flowers using scrapbook papers. She has a fabulous tutorial over on the Graphic 45 blog.  Or you can check out her wonderful creations @ her etsy shop: Dana’s Paper Flowers.


When I saw this summertime project over on Scrapbooks, etc. I had to investigate the designer, Janna Wilson!


She owns the Cut & Create Shoppe & offers wonderfully creative ideas along with some FREE printables HERE!

Lara recently posted her June stamps @ Photocentric!  pop over to her blog for the FREE pdf download!


Enjoy!
Blessings!

I shared today's creation with -


Inspire Me Fridays - Always anything goes.
Corrosive Challenges - Ribbons and Bows
Send a Smile for Kids -Teddy Bears & Other Animals, for Kids 
Crafts 4 Eternity Recipe Challenge -"R" embellishments...my ribbon!
Totally Papercrafts - Die cuts & punches.
Delightful Challenges - Anything goes.
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Paper Shelter Challenge - punches and dies
and a few linky parties-

and more parties HERE!

33 comments:

Linda said...

Wow lovely creations!!!! Love that flower up there Wow Fabulous!!!!!

Patti J said...

Great post today!!! Love your card, and all of your special other things - I LOVE Graphic 45-have been a subscriber for a while now, and am amazed every single day! Hugs!

Cheryl said...

oh amazing post hun,that flower is amazing,and your card hun is just gorgeous you always,make some beauties hugs cherylxxx

Dawn B. said...

This is a great post Maria. I love that scrapbook flower. What a great idea. Your bear is so sweet. Great job.

Amy Johnson said...

I absolutely love your pink bear card! Love how you colored him. The ribbon is so pretty too!

Larelyn said...

Such a sweet card. And, thank you for the crinkle ribbon tutorial. I'm going to try it. Thanks for sharing at Delightful Challenges.

Karen Hasheck said...

What a sweet card! Love the ribbon and the bear is so cute. Thanks for joining us at SAS4Kids and Good Luck!

Debby said...

Sweet,sweet,sweet, did I mention your card is so Sweet? Lol It truly is adorable! Thank you so much for joining us at SAS4KIDS. Hugs and Good Luck!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

pinky said...

Amazing creations Maria, I am a big bear fan so love your little card. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Chrissy said...

Fabulouis wee bear, I love bears, so he is tops.
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Kathy W. said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing all the other special goodies with us. I'm definitely checking them out =)

Lorie said...

How cute is the bear bag! I love the pink!

auntbeespickles said...

Wow girl! You have been busy today! I love all the projects. You have inspired me though. I will have to for sure get some of the seam binding! It looks perfect with the bear card! Great job!
Hugs, Sarah

Lisa said...

I love how you colored that little bear - it looks amazing! Love love love the card! :)

Heide said...

How cute, love the pink DP and the brown bear. He really stands out.
I think this would also make an adorable baby card.

Dawn Frost said...

Wow you've been so busy Maria! Fantastic projects and I LOVE how you coloured the bear. He looks like he has fur, fabulous card!

Glenda Atkins said...

Impressive post with such delightful projects. I adore the pink card with the digital coloured bear (fab. work on that) and the large flower is stunning!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Soft, sweet and beautifully done. Wonderful card, Maria!

Ellie said...

These are amazing Maria! Loving that little bear and the sketch is just fabulous. Love your little bird house card. I think I might have to CASE it soon!

Eemeli said...

Saw your creation at Make It Monday and just had to come and take a gooooood glance of it :) Love the cas style and so prettyprettypretty ^^
Hugs from Finland, Eemeli

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, what a good idea to colour the ribbon, would never of thought of doing that, thanks for playing with us at SAS4Kids, blessings Hilde

Beth aka BR-T said...

Wow Maria you rock for sharing all these amazing sights thank you!

michele said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x
thanks for the links too :)

Karen McAlpine said...

Great tip for dying the seam binding. I have to try this! Love the little bear card!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ohmygosh, Maria! I just adore your bear card! Love the CAS design and the fun pink, and that bear so makes me smile. Great coloring and love your dyed ribbon. And thanks for all the links.

Elena said...

Really like your bearie sweet card, Maria !And flower is just so gorgeous!
Thank you so much for sharing all interesting links!

Riet said...

So beautiful Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Shirley said...

What a really cute cute card, Maria! And I also picked up some more challenge links below, so thanks again, dear lady!

Karen Howard said...

Beautiful card and great job digitally coloring it! I'd love to try that sometime! Gorgeous how you dyed the ribbon to match. Hugs, Karen

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow!! Look at these really gorgeous creations girl!! LOVE the pinks and the sparkle!! Beautiful and so inspiring hun!!

Thanks for sharing your crafty fun!! ;) Enjoy the weekend!!

Michelle said...

Hi

Absolutely adorable card!! Such a cute little bear. You have done a terrific job of matching the binding to the papers.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Becolorful said...

What a sweet card. Some lucky girl will love it. Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam