*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 28, 2011

Funky Folded Flower Bingo!

Happy Tuesday!

Time to play with your digis, it's Digital Tuesday Challenge day! Our hostess this week is our lovely Lorraine & she's chosen the theme, FLOWER POWER!! make any type of craft you want as long as it includes a digital element!

Stamps: SU! sentiement, Paper Fashions bingo card digi
Paper: SU! kraft cs, K&Co dp
Other: twine, button, MS border punch.


I think I said it before, I adore bingo cards!  I found this one some time ago @ the Paper Fashions blog for FREE!   too fun!

Speaking of fun, what do you think of this folded flower?  It was really easy to make, I thought I took more photos of the folding process but I didn't....sorry.  If you have any questions, just ask!


  • Punch your circles, how many depends on the size of your flower.   
  • I practiced with larger circles, they were easier to fold until I got the hang of it!  
  • So you are just folding the sides in to make a point.  
  • Adhere them to a circle like pieces of pizza.  
  • That's it!

I don't use flowers that often in my crafting, actually I just had a flower give away after cleaning out my stash, but I really enjoyed making this flower.   I will be showing you some fun ways to make handmade flowers, inexpensively, in the coming weeks!

I do love flowers in my home, unfortunately I normally have to buy them.   I do NOT have a green thumb, my plants & flowers usually die of thirst & neglect.  lol   That's why I always considered keeping my children alive, a great accomplishment!  Of course, maybe if the plants made noise & wined when I didn't water them, they would still be alive too!

If you're like me, you might want to check out this fun gadget from Black & Decker!   It made me laugh to think who might have invented it!!

Black & Decker PlantSmart digital plant care sensor!






Playing along again with Kim's 10 on Tuesday.   Let's talk favorite flowers...
  1. peonies
  2. lilacs
  3. daisies
  4. hydrangea
  5. sunflowers
  6. roses
  7. chrysanthemum
  8. tulips
  9. carnation
  10. daffodil 
Some from every season! 

Enjoy your day! 
Blessings! 






 I shared today's creation with -

Digital Tuesday - flowers
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes.
Our Creative Corner - your style...shabby/vintage
DDH Challenges - Handmade Flowers
Hooked on Crafts -  Flowers
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Ooh La La Creations - Summer flowers
Shabby Tea Room -  My favourite things
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - a word
Pile It On - Going Round In Circles 
Craft Your Days Away  -Vintage 
Sugar Creek Hollow  - Tic-Tac-Toe
Stampin For The Weekend -  My favourite things.
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge -Handmade flowers.
Pixie Dust Studio -Counting along
Ruby's Rainbow - flowers
and

Photobucket

33 comments:

Elena said...

Beuatiful flower! Thank you so much for sharing how you made it!

Danica said...

I have some cards that we found in our home that were from a game the original owner invented. They are kind of like Bingo cards. I was trying to come up with something to do with them that I could hang as art and this would be perfect!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a great feel to your card! those flowers look like fun to try out, too! might give it a go sometime..... ;)

have a wonderful day!

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun card Maria! Love your beautiful flower!! :)

Catherine said...

Wow! What a fab card. You are totally inspiring me to use those bingo cards with all the gorgeousness you've been creating! LOVE this! And thank you sooooo much for sharing how you made the flowers. I can't wait to try it out.
((((HUGS)))) & blessings, sweetie!

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is really gorgeous hun, a stunning creations hugs pops x

Tracey ~ GardenOfGrace said...

This card is gorgeous and I just love the flower. I make most of mine too, and appreciate your tutorial. This is definitely going on my list of things to try! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh Maria this is fantastic you have a great cache of bingo cards! I love your beautiful flower with the button center!

Sally Morgan said...

Hi Maria! I love the way you've put that flower together! fab card hunni, I've been looking out for your entry all day lol :)
Thanks for joining us at Hooked on Craft Challenges
*hugs* Sal x

Marlene said...

Very unique and pretty! Thanks for the quick tutorial, Maria.

Michelle Single said...

Ooohhh... Love that flower! Thanks for playing with Digi Design House this week!

* Shaz * said...

Beautiful card thank you for joining us at RRC this time hope you will join us again xx

* Shaz * said...

ooops and for joining us at CYDA too good luck xx

strawberry Princess said...

I'll try this one as soon as I can find the material to make one hehe.. really so pretty...

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Love you card creation.....so you like Bingo cards....I'm enthralled with coolers...I know ...strange...so enjoy stopping by you blog...I've been away. This card is so so so cool.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Maria,
Thanks for the great tutorial! I love flowers and don't have small children so my gardens are doing well...lol!
Hugs,
Georgia

Renlymats World of Family & Crafts said...

I just love that DP!! The border and twine are perfect too! Your little sentiment in the corner is a great touch with the bingo board. I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Sugar Creek Hollow Tic Tac Toe Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
~Renee
SCH DT

Kim said...

That's a great list, I love flowers too! Hydrangeas are probably my favorite from your list, love the coloring of them. Thanks for linking up!

Amy Johnson said...

What a fabulous and creative card! Love how you used the Bingo card image and your flower is great!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Nice flower!! I like the tabbed edge on the right too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Patti P. said...

Maria, this is just gorgeous...love the bingo card, I will have to keep an eye out for that ...your colors are so pretty for your bg and I loved the tabbed edge. Thanks for sharing your flower, will give this a try. So happy to have you join us this week at SCH!
Patti DT/SCH

Audrey Pettit said...

Fabulous card, Maria! I love that bingo card, and your flower is just amazing. I am definitely going to be making one of those soon. Thanks for the tips. :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria I fell in love with this when I first saw it on the DT blog, that bingo card and flower look great.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Doreen said...

Such a gorgeous card.Thanks for sharing this with us at CYDA.xxx

Candy C said...

Beautiful card Maria! Thank you so much for sharing the little mini tutorial about how to create the folded flower. Very cool! I love your card with all of it's layers, colors die cuts, etc. Very nice job. Thank you for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

Karen said...

Such a lovely card and i love what you have done with the flower. Thanks for joining us at hookedoncraft challenges this week and hope you join us again.

Dan said...

Great card, and I love that folded flower technique! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Eiglas said...

Super card Maria - I love the garden twine and flower theme and the bingo card! LOL! I saw it over at Make it Monday and had to pop over for a nosey!
Hugs
Ei
x

julieprice3 said...

Great card ,thanks for the instruction on the flower. Thanks for sharing at MIM
Hugs Julie P

Sharon Basel said...

Maria this is stunning! What a wonderful design with that gorgeous flower center stage. I love your distressing and the twine. So good to see you here at Sugar Creek Hollow challenges. Hope you'll keep returning to share your talent again with us!
Sharon, SCH-DT

Sheri said...

Great tutorial! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us this week at The Shabby Tea Room ;-)

BethieJ said...

GREAT card!Love the flower!!!!! Thanks for joining us at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!

Kristin said...

This is a great card, I love the flower! I can't seem to keep mine alive either... Sorry it took me so long to comment, I've been having major problems with Blogger...Thanks for playing with us at the OCC!