*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 14, 2011

Grill Baby Grill!

Happy Tuesday!

Where's the Beef???    Anyone remember that commerical?  I know I'm showing my age!!!  lol  I can tell you where the beef is...in my freezer!  yep, I have a house full of carnivores, they definitely like their meat & potatoes!!!

So I cooked up a card for day 2 of MAN week!   Again, switch out the tag & you have a manly birthday card!

Today's Digital Tuesday challenge is to use gingham on your creation along with a digital element please!  Doodle Pantry is sponsoring!!  Here's one of my favorite DP images.

my gingham red is showing much darker here than IRL!

Stamps: Doodle Pantry (cheeseburger ants)-digi,
sentiments - Michael's, CG
Paper: SU!cs, gingham digi paper (Juicy Strawberry set)
Ink: Copic/Prisma markers
Other: twine, circle punches.
(If you aren't familiar with using digital images, there is a detailed how-to HERE or
 just email me HERE & we'll talk!)


Are you hungry yet?  I love a good juicy burger!  Not into beef???....adjust your coloring for a turkey burger, soy burger or how about a yummy no-meat Portobello Mushroom burger!  lol

If you've never replaced your burger with a mushroom,  try it.... it is such a treat!  I first saw this concept on Rachael Ray years ago!  There are a bunch of recipes online.





Portobello Mushroom Burgers

serves 4



Ingredients

  • 4 portobello mushroom caps
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 (1 ounce) slices provolone cheese



  1. Place the mushroom caps, smooth side up, in a shallow dish. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over the mushrooms. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes or so, turning twice.
  2. Preheat grill for medium-high heat.
  3. Brush grate with oil. Place mushrooms on the grill, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until tender. Brush with marinade frequently. Top with cheese during the last 2 minutes of grilling.





Finally, I've been wanting to play along with Kim's Ten on Tuesday for some time now, so here we go!
Since it's MAN week here @ Joyful Stamper, my list of 10 is about my wonderful hubby!

  1. He SUPPORTS everything I choose to do!
  2. He's HOT!
  3. He makes me LAUGH all the time!
  4. He UNDERSTANDS me!
  5. He COOKS...really good!!!
  6. He can FIX anything!
  7. He makes the most gorgeous FURNITURE!
  8. He loves JESUS!
  9. He stays TRUE to who he is...no matter what!
  10. He's my BFF!!!
Too fun! ok, that's it from me today.  Have a great one!
Praying joy, peace & much love over each of you!
Blessings!


I shared today's creations with -

Digital Tuesday - use gingham.
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes.
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Summertime.
Bows 'n Berries - Masculine.
Cupcake Craft - Creations for Dads
Daisy Doodles Creative Challenge - Father's Day / masculine
Incy Wincy Designs - Father's Day/Masculine
Make it Monday - Always anything goes
Shelly's Images -  Anything goes.
Amber's Crafts and Stuff - Special Man
 Poodles Parlour -  Anything goes.
Ooh La La Creations - Father's Day/Special Man
Squigglefly - Make it Masculine
Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Father's Day Card or a Card Praising Our Father In Heaven
Designed 2 Delight - Image with a Bug in it. 
This recipe was featured on...
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage

44 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute card! And the perfect image to use with a gingham theme!

Donna said...

Mmm I'm hungry now lol. Fabulous card hun and your burger looks yummy. Love your hubby list, made me smile. hugs Donna x

Crystal said...

YUMMMMOOOO How delicious!!!!!

Sharon said...

Oh gosh! I'm right there with you! I thought the little lady that did the commercial was so cute!! Love your card!! Looks yumy enough to eat! :)

karen said...

Hi Maria, I love your card, so fun and fab design! hugs, Karen x

Cheryl said...

oh maria hun this is one brilliant card oh just love it,great post makes me feel really hungry hugs cheryl xxxxxx

Cheryl said...

opps thanks for playing at creative inspirations this week too hun xxxxxxxxxxx

Peggysue said...

Fantastic card. I love that image and you made it look good enuf to eat! The gingham paper is perfect. Thanks for ‘Going Buggy’ with us at Designed2Delight . Please join us again next week!

Vicki said...

Maria, great card and it DID make me hungry UNTIL that little ant showed his head! LOL that is one cute image and great card. I have a hard time with men cards! Hope you had a great day hon!

HUGS!
Vicki

Tenia Nelson said...

Yummy card and yummy burger too!!! tfs!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh man does that sound yummy!! Getting hungry now!! LOL!! What a darling image and cute card Maria!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

Elena said...

Oh, just look at this yummy card! :)
And what a great recipe idea! Never heard about it, sounds so good!
Thank you so much for sharing recipe, Maria!

Marlene said...

YUMMY!!! If I wasn't still full from dinner, I'd try to reach through and munch that!!!

Jessica @ O. Alouette said...

Your portobello mushroom burgers look delicious!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Miriam said...

That card is SO adorable and that burger is to die for!! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

Kristine said...

Cute CUTe!! Love the checkered bg behind this burger image and your stamp on the side is perfect!! =) THanks for playing in our "Goin' Buggy" challenge at D2D this week!

Liza said...

A gorgeous male card. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Miz Helen said...

Hi Maria,
You have made an awesome burger. I would just love this burger and will try it very soon. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!
Miz Helen

Holly said...

oh yum! I love mushrooms better than burgers. Your card is great Maria! Perfect for anyone who likes to grill!
Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge!

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This card looks good enough to eat! Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal.

Delphine said...

Gorgeous card! Fantastic image and I love the gingham paper! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Faye said...

What a gorgeous male card. I love all the little details. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. Good Luck! x

Pat (mspfd) said...

This cute DP image is a super choice for your 'king of the grill' theme. Super fun Father's Day card, Maria. Love how you fancy cut the image and backed it with gingham. You nailed the challenge!

Peppery Apple said...

This card is lovely. Well Done.
Thanks for playing along with Poodles Parlour xx

Kerrie said...

Great card... and yes I'm hungry now! love a great burger!

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Nikki said...

Yummy Card does it come with ketchup :P
thanks for sharing at Incy Wincy
hugs Nikki & DT

coldwaters2 said...

This looks so delicious Maria that image and the gingham are fab.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sammibug said...

Mmm a yummy card! Well done, Maria! Love it! I remember that commercial! Too funny! Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe and for playing along with us in our "Snakes, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails" challenge at Shelly's Images.

Sammibug said...

Hi Maria! I'm back, again, already! Still loving this card! I think I'm going to try your burger recipe tomorrow! Thank you for playing along with us in our "Masculine/Father's Day" challenge at Daisy Doodles. ---Sammibug, June Guest Designer.

bosenberries said...

Yum!! Thanks so much for playing in Bows and Berries Masuline challenge!! Robin

craftykitten said...

Great fun card Maria. Just perfect for sooo many men! Smashing recipe too. Thsnks for sharing with us at OLL this time. Good luck.
hugs
Dawn xx

Kathy said...

Cute! That image is too funny! Thanks for playing along with the D2D challenge this week.

Joanne Gilch said...

Where's the beef? Pure and simple back in the day. Love your burger card, 'bella burger' recipe, and your top ten BFF/hubby burger recipe...LOL

Audrey Pettit said...

Ha! I remember the "where's the beef" commercials. :) Cute card, Maria! The plaid paper works perfectly with the fun burger image, and both are so perfect for a guy card. Knowing how much my son loves burgers, you totally nailed the guy thing.
Thanks for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal.

Lorie said...

I do remember those commercials! What a great card!

Lisa said...

Yummy! This looks like a Red Robin Gourmet Burger! ;) Delish! and thank you for the recipe :)

Heide said...

Love it!

Dawn Frost said...

You did ANTS! I love, love, LOVE ants, lol! Did I mention I LOVE ants, fantastic card!

Glenda Atkins said...

Love the Father's Day card and that is some burger, perfect for a man! Love it!!

Kathy W. said...

Looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe =)

Min said...

OF COURSE I rememeber the Where's the Beef Commercial! Still makes me laugh! Great card - making me hungry for lunch already (minus the ants). =) Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Shelly's Images "Snakes, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails" Challenge.
We hope you'll join us again soon! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Miz Helen said...

Congratulations!
You are featured on Full Plate Thursday this week! Thanks for the great post!
Miz Helen

Stephanie-Emma said...

Great card! Thanks for joining in at The Poodles Parlour! xxx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your card is so cute! That burger looks good enough to eat :)