*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 29, 2011

House Shaped Card

Happy Wednesday!

Hope you're week is going well!  I have a shaped card to show you today!


Stamps: none
sentiment: CG
Papers: BasicGrey, vintage sheet music
Other: MS border punch, Stickles, chipboard bird,
SU! punch, dew drop.


Ellie @  My Creative Moments hosts a word play challenge and I've been wanting to play along & support her and her  new venture, the word this week is HOUSE!   So I created a house!

I'm on a mission to use up my old stash, these Basic Grey papers seem ancient, but I still have full sheets untouched!  I cut around the flowers for this fun background then glam-ed it up!

For house shape, I simply created my own template for the size I wanted.  Placed the side of the birdhouse on the fold of cardstock & cut out the other sides!  easy peasy!

That's it, hope this brings a smile!


Can you believe July is almost here???   Need a new calendar page to keep track of all your crafty events, how about this fun one?


Visit The Twinery to download a July calendar page for FREE.






I want to give a big shout-out to...
Susan from Cricut and Grasshopper for sharing her lovely award with me!  Thank you Susan!!!


Here are the rules for the A Thing of Beauty Award: 

Must share 5 things about yourself (1 of the listed items must be something about your craft). 

ok, I'm usually not good at this but here we go...

  1. I keep almost all my craft supplies in a jelly cupboard (my hubby made), file cabinet & flash drive! yep, that's it!
  2. We were a Nelson Rating family a few years ago....helping to rate TV shows!
  3. I NEVER have naked toenails!
  4. I love doing laundry!
  5. My hair is the same color I was born with....now!
Here are the five bloggy friends I'm passing this onto...

  1. Donna @ Luvocardz
  2. Sue @ Sue's Sentiments
  3. Heather @ Heather's Coffee Break
  4. Tina @ Mommy Scraps Alot
  5. Beth @ IFR





Have you heard????
There's a new challenge blog in town....
cricut360
Cricut 360º is a challenge blog for crafty people all over the world who love using the Cricut die cut machine by Provo Craft to make cards and to scrapbook. Every week, starting July 1st, we will have challenges using the Cricut. Challenge will be posted every Friday, and you will have until Wednesday at midnight to add your creation....Cricut 360º!


Enjoy your day!
Blessings!






I shared today's creation with -


Word Play Weekend Challenge -  Home/House
*Digital Tuesday - Flower Power 
*Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes.
There She Goes - use at least 2 different dies or punches
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Stamp-N-Doodle - Animals/Nature
Just Some Lines  - Spots & Dots 
Bloggers Challenge -  Things with wings.
Simply Create - Wings.
Forever Friends -  3 design papers.
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything goes 
and some linky parties -
Creative Share Wednesdays (The Trendy Treehouse)
Get Your Craft On! (Today’s Creative Blog)
Handmade Tuesdays (Ladybug Blessings)
Hoo’s got talent? (Night Owl Crafting)
Idea Sharing Wednesday (Women Who Do It All)
Lil’ Luna Link Party (Lil’ Luna)
Make It Yours Day (My Backyard Eden)
Penny Pinching Party (The Thrifty Home)
Show & Tell Linking Party! (Blue Cricket Design)

Show Me What Ya Got (Not Just a Housewife)
Sugar & Spice & Everything Nice (Seven Thirty Three)
Take-A-Look Tuesday (Sugar Bee Crafts)
These Chicks Cook (This Chick Cooks)
Wednesday Workshop (Goodbye City, Hello Suburbs)
Whassup Wednesday (Elements Interiors)
What I Made Wednesday (Sweet Peas and Bumblebees)
What I Whipped Up Wednesday (Sugar & Dots)
Whatever Goes Wednesday (Someday Crafts)
Whisking Wednesdays (Pinch of This, That & the Other)
White Wednesday (Faded Charm)
Works-for-Me Wednesday (We are That Family)
Wow Me Wednesday (Ginger Snap Crafts)

24 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cool card!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Julie M said...

Ooh that is lovely, Maria. I have found those June Bug papers difficult to us, but you certainly have no problems with it!! Gorgeous florals against the dark blue dots, and the shape is fab too.

Julie :o)

Tina said...

beautiful card...thanks for joining the just some lines spotty dotty challenge

Tina

Riet said...

This is so beautiful Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sandy said...

An adorable birdhouse and love all the papers and embellishments, The bied looks great too! I saw your card on Make It Monday and came for a closer look, good luck,
Sandy

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This is wonderful....I am going to try as soon as possible...love it...thank you for sharing. Absolutely adorable!

Susan said...

Oh Maria, this is stunning! I love the papers you used and the creativity you put into this card!

Thank you for the shout out! That's really neat that your family helped in the decisions of what programs were shown on TV. I don't watch much tv but when there is a good show I will make it a point. I miss Boston Legal, that had to have been one of my all time favorites! Good luck with the challenges!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Audrey Pettit said...

What an absolutely adorable card, Maria! I really love shaped cards. They are so fun and unique. Your house design is fabulous. Love the bird and love the flowers and the vintage sheet music. The hanging sign is so very sweet, too.

Marlene said...

Oh, that's pretty, Maria! Recognized the Basic Grey paper right away, too.

Deb Neerman said...

Just fabulous, Maria! As usual!

Hope all is well with you, Kiddo! Sending hugs and love!!

Ida said...

Super cute - Love the Polka Dot bird. Thanks for joining the BC Things With Wings challenge.

Ellie said...

What a fabulous creation Maria. Love how you cut around the designer paper! I have to remember that for my large print papers. The music sheet looks amazing and love the edges on the roof. Super cute!!

Linda said...

What a Fantastic creation!!!! Wow absolutely beautiful!!!! Excellent work!!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful shaped card! The BG papers look lovely with the added sheet music! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is brilliant what a great shape and those papers are gorgeous beautiful detail hun hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Janna Werner said...

so fun and colourful! TFS :D

Rose said...

way to make your own shaped card girl :) and of course i love the BG paper!! beautiful card
thanks for joining us on simply create for this challenge :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how darling!! I just love the shape and all your details!! You rocked the June Bug papers!
hugs,
Chris

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Maria this is absolutely gorgeous those papers, the shape and colours look superb.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Beth aka BR-T said...

Maria this is awesome thanks for the tutorial!

Antonella said...

I love your card! I too love birdhouse cards! Yours is fantastic! Love the little birdy hanging out with the flowers! I linked over from Make it Monday where I've linked too (#16).
Hugs, antonella :-)

Kerrie said...

Lovely birdhouse shaped card.

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Tip Top said...

Thanks for joining in at Simply Create - hope to see you again next time!

Sande said...

This is FABULOUS! Love the shape of it and the papers.

Thanks for joining us on "3 DP" challenge at Forever Friends! And Simply Create "Wings" challenge.
Hugs, Sande xxx