*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




June 27, 2011

UNITED we Stand!

Good Monday Morning!

We are still scrambling around to meet our June 30th deadline for homeschooling paperwork but we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel!  Which is good since June ends in 4 days!  oy!  where does the time go????


The 4th of July weekend is fast approaching, so I have a little hostess/thank you note to show you today.

Stamps: Doodle Pantry (let freedom ring set)
Paper: SU! cs
Ink: Prisma markers, white gel pen
Other: Spellbinders scallop square die, SU! star punch,
twine (frayed).


I love Americana crafts!!  

Today Paper Playtime has a new challenge for us; use Red, White & Blue!   Your project does NOT need to be patriotic!  Check out ALL the gorgeous DT work provided for your inspiration along with ALL the sponsors offering prizes!  WOWZA!

My post is sponsored by Doodle Pantry!  They have a bunch of patriotic images suitable for the upcoming USA holidays in pre-colored & outline form!!

ok, that's it for me today!  I have a fun project for you tomorrow with a little how to tutorial, won't that be fun!

Question for ya about tutorials:  Do you take the time to watch video tutorials within the posts or do you prefer step-by-step photos??
Just curious!

Enjoy your day!
Blessings!

I shared today's creation with -


Paper Playtime - red, white & blue
Cupcake Inspirations - Inspirational Photo 
Creative Inspirations -2nd week - Stitching
Kenny K Krafty Girlz - Red, white and blue
Sentimental Sundays - Patriotic/use the colours of your nations flag 
Card Creations & More By C - Something Patriotic 
My Sheri Crafts Independence Day or Canada Day 
Our Creative Corner -  Your Style...mine? CAS!!
Fairy Tale -America
Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes.
Stamp Something - Celebrate with red, white & blue.
Craft Us Crazy - Red, white & blue and/or Summer theme.
Dutch Dare Card Challenge -Clean & simple.
Moving Along With The Times -Clean & simple.
Paper Play -Stars & stripes.
Rainbow Lady's -Use a digi.
Shelly's Images -Patriotic stars & stripes.
Stamp Insanity - Stars & stripes.
Penny's Paper-Crafty -red white and blue
Scrapbook Sisters -  anything goes
Clear It Out! -  CAS
Everybody-Art-Challenge -  Anything Goes 
*Digital Tuesday - ice-cream combo - colours and/or image...blueberry/strawberry/vanilla!

39 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

you can do it, Maria!
and what a wonderful card! love it!

I don't really have a preference for the tuts, but do get frustrated with streaming of videos.

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! What a fabulous creation Maria!! Love that flag and the twine with the star!! TFS! :)

Barb said...

Maria, very lovely card! Not just for this weekend but for everyday of the year! As for video tutorials...it depends on the topic and how badly I want to learn it. I do like the still photo tutorials because I can print them and put them in my book of techniques.

K. Joy said...

This is beautiful!! I love your coloring on the flag. :) About this time of year I really love seeing red, white, and blue!!

About the tutorials - it depends on the tutorial. :) I don't mind the video, but I think if I'm looking for a tutorial I like the step by step ones. Then if I am following along I can easily find my place!

An Irish Italian Blessing said...

Very cute card! I love Americana stuff too, I've had my decor out for a while now too :)

Kristine said...

Perfect 4th of July card maria!! Love your stitching and the cute star in the corner with twine.

I prefer to watch videos. I love seeing how it's done, it shows more than pictures, and besides, I love hearing the person talk, LOL! =)

But when I used to be on dial-up, I preferred picture tutes because the video would stop every 3 seconds, so was frustrating.

Bianca said...

This is so very stuning! I love your card! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xx Bianca

Martha said...

ahhh just wonderful! thanks for joining us at Clear It Out

Hazel (Didos) said...

Lovely card ~~Maria, thanks for playing on MAWTT with our CAS Challenge this week Hazelxoxo

Sally Morgan said...

Really cool card Maria!
To answer your question, I like step by step photo's :)
The best of luck with all the school work!
*hugs* Sal x

Sally Morgan said...

Really cool card Maria!
To answer your question, I like step by step photo's :)
The best of luck with all the school work!
*hugs* Sal x

DesignerDiva said...

Gorgeous card for the 4th of july celebrations
Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Zulma said...

Beautiful Maria! nice image, colors and star. Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspiration this week.
Zulma DT

Rainbow Lady said...

Great patriotic card. Thanks for playing
Love Cynthia x

Linda said...

What a powerful patritic card!!!!You did an awesome job on this!!!!Way to go!!!!

Linda said...

What a powerful patritic card!!!!You did an awesome job on this!!!!Way to go!!!!

Dianna said...

Beautiful card!

Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!  Hope to see you again soon!

~ Di

Kelli said...

Lovely card, thank you for joining us at StampInsanity this week!

papertrails leaver said...

This is a stunning card Maria! I live the clean lines and how you kept the focus on the flag. Good luck with the paperwork! :-) Amy

Lisa Jane said...

Fab card - love that flag
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week for our CAS challenge
Lisa x

Elena said...

Beautiful card! Really like the flag!
I like both types of the tutorials!

Heide said...

Fantastic coloring! I looked at this the other day and said now how am I going to color around the stars! Your did a fantastic job, great patriotic card.

Courtney said...

This is absolutely beautiful Maria!! I LOVE the stitching. Thanks so much for joining in on our Red, White & Blue Challenge at Penny’s. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

Nela said...

Fab card!
Thanks for playing along with us at Fairytale Challenge
Hugs Nela

Marlene said...

Beautiful patriotic card!

As far as tutorials go, I rarely watch videos. I much prefer step by step photos.

Manuela said...

Hi.
This is a gorgeous card. I love the image.
Many thanks for joining us at Penny's and Good Luck.
Manuela

Audrey Pettit said...

Love, love, love this!

Joanna K (aka Asia K) said...

Fabulous and inspiring card! Thank you for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;)

HandmadebyTLC said...

Love those how too's! Great entry into our patriotic colors challenge at Sentimental Sundays! So glad you could join us, good luck and hope to see you again next time!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

Kathleen said...

i have to say i like both sorts of tutorials. i like the written guidance but if it's complicated, it's nice to see it done too!
kathleen mc xx

Jennifer Rzasa said...

A great patriotic CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!

Karen said...

Awww that is really Cool!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Sentimental Sunday's this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Samantha Ball - aka (Craftychick74) said...

Wonderful Card!

Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Happy Crafting
Sam xx

www.craftychickcards.blogspot.com

Oma said...

Great card Maria! In answer to your question - I like both but do prefer step by step with pics so I can print them out.

Tameko said...

Nice card. I like your design. To answer your question- I like both kinds of tutorials, but its nice to be able to print off instructions for later use. Thanks so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week.

PokSa said...

Beautiful card. I love it.
Thanks for joining us at the Fairy Tale Challenge.
xx Sandra

Sharon said...

love the simple american beauty of your card! the flag big and proud as the main image is patriot and beautiful! love it. thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Sheri said...

I used this image a few weeks ago! Great job with yours! Thanks for joining this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)