*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 27, 2011

Cricut Basics - easy banner technique

Happy Wednesday!

Today is promising cooler temps & low humidity, it will be nice to take a break from the air conditioning!

I have another 'back to basics' kinda of project to share today!  I know too many of you have your Cricuts tucked away somewhere gathering dust, so I thought I would encourage you to drag them out and have a bit of fun.

Stamps: Paper Smooches (chubby chums),
sentiment - MFT: My Favorite Things (punny farm)
Paper: SU! cs, BasicGrey dp & K&Co dp
Ink: Memento black, Copics
Other: CM cutting system (wave), jute twine,
eyelets, googly eyes.

I enjoy buying new stash, I enjoy it very much, but I also have this innate desire to use what I have on hand!

So, here's an easy peasy way to make a banner if you don't want to buy separate dies.   If you already have a star die, Cricut (I cut a 4 inch star) or hand draw one with a pencil & ruler!   They do NOT need to be perfect!!!



how fun is that? easy too!  How do you like my tutorial?   lol  Clean & Simple, huh?



If you use my little technique be sure to let me know....I'd love to maybe feature you/your blog here on Joyful Stamper!!  Just a tiny way for me to 'give back' to this great crafting community I'm so blessed to be part of!


Also, for those of you into fashion....I've posted my pick of White Dresses for August over on Pinterest!  I love cool airy dresses for our hottest month of summer!


Have a happy day!
Blessings!

I've shared today's creation with -


*Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes
Fab 'n Funky - clash of colors
Scrapbook Sisters - Happy Birthday
Whimsie Doodles - polka dots
Die Cut Dreams -4 Legged Animals
Crafty Emma - Humour/Funny
Stampin For The Weekend - anything with four legs
these parties!




this card was talked about @ Craft Gossip!





homemade crafts

25 comments:

Tracy said...

Now that's smart thinkin'! :-) Thanks Maria!

debby4000 said...

Oh heck I didn't need a banner(we call it bunting here in the UK) die after all.
Love your card.
luv
Debby

*Vicki* said...

Hello Maria!! WOW!! What a really fun card!! I love your take on the banner!! Brilliant idea!! :) Hope all is well my friend! HUGS

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

What a GREAT idea..super cute & fun!! Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsie Doodles!!

Patti J said...

You are SO clever! Lol...will have to give that a try. Don't have a Cricut, but have a star punch! Thanks for the inspiration, dear friend!

Linda said...

I love banners and yours is so cute!! Just got my new cricut in and I am using it!!!!! Great job!!!!

Kim B said...

Great idea and much easier than my cut by hand method. Hope you have a lovely day.

Sharron aka Sharrahug said...

Easy Peasy & oh so smart of you! Thanks a bunch for sharing!
Huggies ~
Sharron♥

Marlene said...

Cool trick! Your card is super adorable! Love the play on words.

Heather said...

OK, so I totally LOVE this card!!! It made me smile, giggle and smile again. Adorable design and great idea for making a banner!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Alexis said...

So totally cute. Love the chubby cow. Thanks for joining us this week at fab n funky.

Hugs
Alexis
Xxx

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness, this is too, too cute, Maria! Love that chubby cow with it's googly eyes and the rolling hills. Love the kraft background and LOVE your banner. Using a star die cut is such a clever idea, girl!!
And I have to say that I actually laughed out loud at the sentiment. This is awesome!

Pami said...

:-) I love that little cow! And the bunting is fab. Thanks for sharing with us at Fab n Funky this week, good luck! Pami x

simplycaffeinated said...

Super cute card!

Lori said...

This card is darling! What a fabulous idea to cut apart the star for a banner1

Donna said...

Too cute Maria, such a sweet image and I love how you have done the sentiment. Your quick tut is amazing and I'll deffo be having a go...will let you know when I've created something lol! :) Donna x

Janis said...

I loved your tutorial! First of all, I never would have thought of that in a million years. Second - so easy and simply that I think I can even do this. I'll be sure and send you a pic of my attempt. I like the fact you said I didn't have to be perfect. Perfection is over-rated in my book. LOL Hugs!

Tracy @ CraftJunkieToo.com said...

I've been a follower of your blog and linked up a few projects on your party recently….THANKS!
I'd like to invite you to share your creations sometime at my weekly linking party as well. I am really trying to grow my party to include lots of creative projects just like this one. Thanks for the consideration and here is the direct link if you'd like to check it out :). ~ Tracy
T.G.I.F. Linky Party

Glenda said...

Very cute and so creative! Love the banner--such a clever idea!
Glenda

Pam Sparks said...

no way! that was to easy! lol Thanks Maria! totally delightful card and how creative with the star! I've been using a triangle punch...but this is just cool! TFS!

Ellie said...

What a beautiful card Maria! Love those colors and what a fabulous idea to use a star die. Sadly I don't even own a star punch but have been wanting one for a long time. Now I will have another reason to get one! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous idea!!

Debs said...

Very cute creation, love the sentiment, thanks so much for sharing with us at Die Cut Dreams
Debs
xxx

Steph Zerbe said...

clever use of star!!! Super cute card!

Chris said...

what a cute little piggy card, it's too funny and sweet. thanks for playing with us at SFTW.

melissac said...

Just had to tell you your post was listed on Tip Junkie today!! YAY you!!!!

Thanks for always sharing your creativity!!!! Blessings and Hugs!