I have a fun card to show you today! I used some different techniques & textures.
Our Creative Belli challenge today calls for some custom made embellishments.
- a tag
- sparkly butterflies
- a zipper flower
The tag was easy enough to make.
- cut cardstock to size
- round bottom corners, if desired
- trim off upper corners
- punch small circle, adhere to top/center
- punch hole
- punch small butterflies from double sided tape
- peeled off the backing, affix to tag
- leaving the top cover on the tape, to use the masking technique
- I sprayed Krylon Spray Gesso for color & a bit of texture
- when dry, I peeled off the top covering of the tape, leaving 'sticky' butterfly silhouettes
- sprinkle glitter!
The tag looks mostly white here, but IRL you can see more of the Kraft cardstock & the white spray effect!
For the zipper flower:
- cut a circle
- make it sticky! (use brush on glue, strong double-sided tape, etc)
- use one side of a zipper
- starting from the center
- wind the zipper around, pressing down as you go
- the original sticky circle can be trimmed for a neater look
- embellish the center
The last two techniques I want to share is how to achieve a straight/even edge with pinking shears and attaching fabric.
Whenever I use a large piece of fabric on a card, I first adhere it to a piece of cardstock.
- Measure the area you want to cover with the fabric
- cut cardstock 1/4 inch less than that size
- adhere un-cut fabric to cardstock
- turn over (your looking at the cardstock on the back of your fabric)
- using the cardstock as a guide, cut fabric with pinking shears
- attach fabric covered cardstock to the card base as you normally would!
I used Verve Stamps for the sentiment, Zva Creative pearls, baker's twine and vintage seam binding, found at a yardsale with the old zipper!
I hope you liked my card today & try some of these techniques if they're new to you! Have fun!
I shared today's creation with -
*Inspire Me Fridays - Anything goes.
Creative Belli - custom made embellishments
One Stop Craft - Make a Tag or include Tag in Project
Flutterby Wed - open
Bearly Mine -Anything Goes
Creative Craft Challenges - Pretty Blossoms
Everybody-Art-Challenge - Use Shapes
Oldie But Goodie Challenge -Anything Goes (oldie-my Verve Stamps)
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes
Try It On Tuesday - Flower Power
Bows 'n Berries - use Kraft paper
Cheerful Stamp Pad -My Favourite Background (fabric!)
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin -Use something not normally used on cards (how about a zipper!)
Card and Scrap -Use Punches/Dies
Clearly Inspired - Punches, Die Cuts or Cut Outs.
Crafty Ann's - Get well/ Thinking of you/ Just Because.
Fairy Fun Fridays - Swirls & Pearls
DDH Challenges -Handmade Flowers
Hooked on Crafts - Flowers
House of Gilli - Lots of sparkle
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Ooh La La Creations - Summer flowers
Make My Monday - Vintage & color theme
Simon Says Stamp and Show... - a Flourish
There She Goes - Glitter, Glitz and Bling
Dream Valley Challenges - Ribbon
Quirky Crafts -No patterned papers; make your own
Sentimental Sundays -Anything goes plus a sentiment
Craft Your Days Away -Vintage
Mami Doodles -Heavy metal.
Totally Papercrafts - Bingo. (brad, flower, ribbon)
Crafty Purple Frog -Swirls & pearls.
Just For Fun - Anything goes.
Paper Crafting Journey -Anything goes
Shelly's Images -Recycle/reuse.
and some linky parties HERE!
This card was 'talked about' on Craft Gossip!