*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 29, 2011

Ahhh, Vacationing in the old Country!

Good Monday Morning!


I wanted to tell you about two challenges going live today.
Paper Playtime - Vacation theme - various sponsors!
Lollipop Crafts - Recycled theme!

This is my last project as GDT for Lollipop Crafts.  I've enjoyed working with these lovely ladies; a special thanks to DT member Alanna for coordinating all the details for me!!

Stamps: Doodle Pantry (Old Italian Street set) digi,
background stamps - Recollections, TPC Studio
Paper: scraps
Ink: SU! ink pads
Other: linen dishtowel, lace, floss,
 Zva Creative pearls.

My vacation card depicts my dream vacation destination...Italy!  The motherland!!

I was having a bit of fun distressing my card, maybe a little too much!  The Italian village digi image was water-colored, cut out & attached.  My flower was created using a strip of linen, torn from a old stained linen dishtowel.

I hope you all can play along with us, be sure to pop over to the challenge blogs for some lovely inspiration and all the important details to enter!

Thank you for stopping by!  Enjoy this brand new week!
Blessings!

Please come join my current 
Inspire Me Fridays  
link-up party HERE!






I shared today's creation with -
  1. More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday - Travel 
  2. Phindy’s Place - make own embellies
  3. Stamp Man - travel
  4. Rainbow Lady's - Faux Postage
  5. Digistamps 4 Joy - handmade flower
I limited my challenge list today so I could play along with some of these fine challenges this time! (:



17 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh maria hun this is just stunning the detail is amazing great distressing too hun hugs cherylxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Not too much distressing at Maria, it looks absolutely lovely, that image, the flower and colours are just perfect.
hugs
Lorraine x

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, gorgeous card, Maria! Love that detailed image and love your soft coloring. Gorgeous lace trim and flower, too. Love that you created it from an old dishtowel. :)

*Vicki* said...

Love that image and your fabulous distressing!! :) The lace is the perfect addition to it! HUGS

Pop's Cards said...

hi sweetie this is stunning hugs pops x

Lori said...

I love your water colored village!!! We stayed at Universal Studios Orlando this month in the Portafino Bay Hotel, on grounds, and it looked just like an Italian village, even nightly opera singers. Your gorgeous card reminds me of it so much. Great vintage look.

Jen said...

This is super, perfect for the faux postage challenge. Thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jen x

ElizabethR said...

Great card I'm loving the old dishcloth flower LOL. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Rainbow Lady's Challenge and good luck in the draw. Elizabeth x

uksharon said...

Hi Maria
Loving all the distressing - fab vintage looking card.
Thanks for joining us at Phindys Place this week
Best wishes, Sharon

Rainbow Lady said...

Truly a gorgeous card Maria I love it and would love to be there.
Thanks for sharing
Love Cynthia x

Elizabeth said...

Hello Maria, I absolutely love this card - the Italian scene reminds me of the wonderful holidays I have had in Italy. So much so that I had to pop over and purchase the digi image already. Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth x

Eiglas said...

Very pretty Maria! I think your light touch is just right for this image.
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Elborgi said...

Thanks for joining us at It's all about the Vintage

Elma
http://itsallaboutthevintagechallenge.blogspot.com/

Caroline Rawcliffe said...

Brilliant, Thank you for joining us at Rainbow Lady.Maria.

starcyl said...

Just perfect, thanks for sharing this with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jenny x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card! Love all your images and details! Awesome!

Jen Leeflang said...

What a fabulously coloured image and such a beautiful creation! Thanks for joining us at Digistamps 4 Joy's Spring Challenge.
luv n huggz
jen
DS4J CHALLENGE CO-ORDINATOR AND DT LEAD DESIGNER