*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 9, 2011

Cricut Basics, Digital Tuesday's I love the Sea!

Happy, happy Tuesday!!

This week is moving right along!  We have a fun Digital Tuesday Challenge for you this week.  Our lovely Anneke has chosen a SEA theme for us this time!

Stamps: Doodle Pantry digi (little betta fish)
sentiment - Cricut (plantin schoolbook) 1/2 inch
Paper: K&Co
Other: twine, CM wave cutter, 
piercing tool for faux stitching,
Cricut "seaweed" (Storybook, Z page)

I had fun with this one, this fishy just screamed to be paper pieced!

Cricut Basics -  
If  you're like me, I never have enough sentiment stamps & sometimes a digital stamp isn't possible.  So off to my Cricut I go, cutting itty bitty letters to 'build' my own sentiment.  After I cut them out & place them just right, then I would struggle to lift each one so apply glue & try to arrange them just right AGAIN!  ugh  That was way too tedious for this CAS girl!

So my solution?  Transfer tape!   yep, cut your letters, arrange them, slap some transfer tape over them, flip over your tape, apply glue to each letter then place your sentiment right where you want it!  Whew, that was easy!

How do you like my seaweed?  I used page z of the Storybook cart, branch border.  Cutting it from this K&Co designer paper gave it a fun look!

I hope if this technique is new to you, you'll give it a try!  Check out my other Cricut Basics HERE!
Be sure to join us @ Digital Tuesday this week too!
Blessings!


I shared today's creation with -

Digital Tuesday - Sea theme
Inspire Me Fridays -anything goes
Cards For Men -Clean and Simple
Craft Your Passion - Under the Sea or Your Favorite Season
Cupcake Craft - Stitching real or faux
KB Cute Monday - Anything Goes using a Digi
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Paper Playtime - Water
One Stitch At A Time -  Use a Digi
Catch The Bug - August Anything goes Challenge
Crafty Emma - Water it
Raise The Bar - anything goes
Stamp Something - use a digi
Delightful Challenges - Stitching real or faux
Pixie Dust Studio - Anything goes
Crafting for all Seasons -  beach/ocean
Crafts and Me -anything goes
and these awesome parties!

42 comments:

Sandy said...

Pretty - I love all the papers you used!


Sandy - 2 Cute Rubber Stamps DT Member

Jennifer Scull said...

what a great card! love that pretty fish. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fun card, Maria! I absolutely love the little underwater scene you created. the paper choices are just perfect. Love how the fish really pops with it's burst of color. Great technique getting your letters lines up perfectly, too. When I read your recipe, I was thinking to myself how hard it is to line them up so well. :)

Jani said...

What a gorgeous card!
Very cool!
Thanks for joining us at CFAS!
Jani x

rosalien said...

What a beautiful card,and that fish is adorable.:)
Thanks for joining DC.

Hugs, Rosalien

Marianne said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at OSAAT!
Marianne

karen said...

This is one fab fishy card Maria, fab design and love the sentiment, hugs, Karenxx

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Maria this is totally fab, what a beautiful fish I love that sort with all those wonderful flowing fins, the background is perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Jolara said...

thanks for joining the Pixie dust studio challenge blog but the challenge is anything goes with a Pixie Dust image
so please join us again with a Pixie image
Joyce xo

Barbara said...

What a fun and really pretty card. All your elements tie together so well. Thanks for joining the Art Impressions Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

Barbara - AI DT

Danni said...

This is amazing!! Fabulous!

Deloris said...

What a fun card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Art Impressions.

Stempeltiger said...

Such a gorgeous card with a wonderful underwater scene Maria!
Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous creation with us at Fun with Shapes and more.
Hugs Swantje x

*Vicki* said...

Hey Maria!! I love your fun fish!! The patterns in the papers are so awesome!! :)

Marjo said...

Great card, thanks so much for playing with us at OSAAT.

xoxo Marjo

Delphine said...

Beautiful card, Maria! I love the scene you have created! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Jodi said...

This is really cute - nice job! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Please come back again soon!
Hugs,
Jodi

Amy Johnson said...

Such a fun and creative sea card!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Love your beta fish card! The details are incredible. Love the seaweed!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

A fun card and lots of work!
Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
Krista, summer guest designer
http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

Shirley-anne said...

Hi Maria. lovely card with great tip on placing letters . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

craftybunny said...

What a fabulous card.The papers are just perfect.Love it!Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

buglvr2010 said...

Beautiful, Maria! I love this!

Kim Dellow said...

WOnderful! Love the fishy! Kim

Brodders said...

A great card, I too love the fishy :) thanks for joining us at Cupcakes this week and good luck - Jane x

sallysbitz said...

This is a lovely card x

Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Liza said...

Gorgeous work, I love your stitching elements. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Heather said...

Well, my fellow DT member, thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime on a challenge week. Your card is wonderful.

Heather - DT member
http://princesspaperprojects.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Ooh I love fish cards....
Thanks for joining us at cards for men this week and good luck
Jen xxx

Jennifer said...

Fab work! Thanks so much for playing at CES challs xx Jenny xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card , thank you for playing along at OSAAT this week
Love Jan
xx

Tammy Miller said...

What a great card. Love the image & colors. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug for our Anything Goes Challenge! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!

auntbeespickles said...

This is so cute! How fun to have the fun swimming! Too cute!
Hugs, Sarah

Patti J said...

Too cute! Thanks for sharing :)

Lorie said...

What an interesting card! And a great idea to use transfer tape for the letters...I'll have to try that myself sometime...so much easier than little droplets of glue everywhere!

Karen Howard said...

Gorgeous card! I can't remember the last time I used my cricut so just yesterday I unplugged it and stuck it up above my shelves to make room for other things, LOL! Will have to check out transfer tape though, didn't know about that one! Thanks for sharing!

Glenda Atkins said...

What a delightful card, the fish is perfect with the paper piecing and that is a great sentiment you made with the tape! Super!!

Kathy D. said...

Haven't tried Transfer tape. Not sure what that is. But another suggestion is the X by xyron. It is a little sticker maker. As I tell everyone a MUST have. You put your letters in pull on the tape and out comes your letter with sticky on one side. I will usually rub on them with a bone folder or stylus after they come out before I peel them off.
Just case you wanted to look at another way!

Head Twirp said...

Georgeous with all those patterns!

Robbie said...

Oh My StarFish....This is just gorgeous. Love the cut out Sea Weed...WOW!

Lisa said...

Terrific card Maria! Your betta looks real :) super cute sentiment also!

Sharon Basel said...

What a pretty card with the scene you created. I love the paper pieced fish and your sentiment.