*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 8, 2011

Cricut Basics, Lollipop Crafts & Tangerine Frosting

Good Monday Morning!

Hope your weekend was awesome!

This is my second week guest designing for Lollipop Crafts & the challenge theme is Monochromatic!


Paper: SU! cs, SEI dp
Other: fine glitter, brads,
Cricut cut letters.

Cricut Basics - how often do you use your Cricut to make "Thickers"?  No chipboard on hand??   Cereal box cardboard will do!  Or heavy cardstock, layer it for the thickness you want.  Then glam it up!!!   Easy peasy!  

(For those of you who don't use your Cricut on a regular basis & don't feel like dragging it out to cut a few letters, stay tuned, I'll show you a little technique tomorrow that will encourage you to use it more often!)

I was digging through my paper piles, (trying to use up my stash!) and found a pad of SEI papers...gorgeous colors!!!  Not sure why I haven't been using them!  This one matched perfectly with SU! tangerine tango. (one of my very fav SU! colors!)




Tangerine is not only one of my favorite colors....it's one of my favorite flavors!  We order a crate of them every winter!!!

Ever try...

Tangerine Frosting?

1 Tablespoon finely grated tangerine zest
3 Tablespoons fresh tangerine juice
1 (8oz) pkg of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup of butter, softened
6 cups confectioner's sugar
-----------------------

  • In a large bowl, beat cream cheese & butter until creamy.
  • Beat in zest & juice, mix well.
  • Gradually beat in conf. sugar until smooth.
  • Frost cake
....or eat with spoon! haha


Enjoy your Monday!
Blessings!


I shared today's creation with -

*Lollipop Crafts - monochromatic
*Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes
Gingerloft - make it sparkle
Raise The Bar - anything goes
Wags 'n Whiskers -sparkly
For Fun Challenges - anything goes
Freshly Brewed - Hot images and/or colours
My Mum's Craft shop -monochromatic
and a few parties HERE!

19 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cheryl said...

oh maria hun this is just gorgeous just love love the paper hugs cherylxxxx

Lori said...

I love this color too! Super find of dp to match SU's TT. Great CAS card, very cute buttons and thanks for the tip on 'thickers'.

Jennifer Scull said...

this is so neat! love the simplicity of it, which I just can not do.... great colors, too.
your frosting sounds absolutely divine!

E.T. said...

fabulous!

Donna said...

Wow this stunning Maria, such an elegant and CAS design...so beautiful! I love the sound of tangerine frosting...might have to give that a go :) Donna x

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

This is really lovely Maria, love that paper too :) thanks for stopping by with lovely comments :) much appreciated :)

Danni said...

What a great card! So simple but still packs a big wow with those letters!!

Pop's Cards said...

I love this sweetie, that paper is lush x x xx

A Creative Journey said...

BEAUTIFUL! And I prefer the eat with a spoon! LOL TFS and thanks for coming by and being a follower :) I appreciate it! I am already a follower and look forward to more of your amazing projects! Have a wonderful week! http://acreativejourneywithmelissa@blogspot.com

Erin Bradley said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today...I am now your newest follower! :)

Ellie said...

Hi Maria, your tangerine dressing seriously sounds good enough to eat with spoon! Thanks so much for sharing it!
Love your card, it's simple but beautiful, and the paper is so gorgeous!

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Maria what a super clean and simple style card, that background design is awesome and love the letters a super card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Hestia's Helper said...

YUM! That frosting sound just like something I WOULD eat with a spoon!

Monochromatic cards are SO challenging and yours is TERRIFIC!!!

I'm looking forward to the teaser tip for dragging out the Cricut (even tho mine is never far away!)

Thank you for joing our Hot! Hot! Hot! Challenge at Fresh Brewed!!

Stacie

cebelica said...

Such a simple card but also very legant at the same time. Very beautiful! Thank you for playing with us at MMCS challenges this week. :)

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Love the bright colors and love that pretty paper. Your simple sentiment at the bottom is fabulous, too.
You have me drooling over that tangerine frosting! sounds absolutely fantastic. I love the smell of citrus, the color, the taste. We are obsessed with clementines in our house. Cannot get enough of them. I used some to make Chinese orange chicken last night. :)

Helen Dooley said...

Cute card Maria! Thanks for playing with us this week at For Fun.

Sheryl said...

Hi Maria! This is such a nice card! I love the DP and the name is wonderful! "TANGERINE TANGO!" Love it! Thank you for joining us at Freshly Brewed for our "HOT" challenge!
Hugs, Sheryl

The Stamper's Touch said...

Hi Maria! What a lovely card!! I so love CAS cards, just wish I could make them!! I simply love lots of layers, but I'm workin' on it!! Thanks for joining us at our Freshly Brewed "Hot" Challenge.

Linda