*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 16, 2011

Down on the Farm & a bit of Homeschooling fun!

Happy Tuesday!

Cluck, cluck, cluck...we're having fun down on the farm today!  It's time for a new Digital Tuesday Challenge & our fabulous leader Ellie has chosen a farm theme!

I love Laurie's Doodle Pantry chicken set with wire fence and all....


Stamps: Doodle Pantry (Chicken set) digi,
background stamp -Inkadinkado (fall season)
Paper: Brazzill textured cs, K&Co dp, BasicGrey dp
Ink: SU! classic pad
Other: vintage seam binding, button/floss,
CB emb.folder.

I had so much fun making this...cardmaking is such a great hobby!

Of course my craft table is a total wreck with papers, ribbons & embellies strewn all about....but just wait until you see the card I have to share tomorrow!  lol    maybe I'll take a pix!



*** on the homefront***
As some of you know, we already started our homeschooling for this year.  Most years, August is so hot that we hide in the air conditioning ...so we start school now & finish in April when the spring weather calls to us & it's hard to concentrate on staying inside!   So we are in our third week of school this week.

One of the fun things we're doing this year is "dissecting" our Bibles!   It's a great way for the kids to really become comfortable with the different books of the Bible.

The 10 Shortest books of the Bible...

  1. 3 John - 1 chapter, 14 verses
  2. 2 John - 1 chapter, 13 verses
  3. Philemon - 1 chapter, 25 verses
  4. Jude - 1 chapter, 25 verses
  5. Obadiah - 1 chapter, 21 verses
  6. Titus - 3 chapters, 46 verses
  7. 2 Thessalonians - 3 chapters, 47 verses
  8. Haggai - 2 chapters, 38 verses
  9. Nahum - 3 chapters, 47 verses
  10. Jonah - 4 chapters, 48 verses
Of course there was a bit of competition going on while compiling that list...but a lot of giggling too!

Praying peace, joy and much love over all who read here!
Blessings!

I shared today's creation with -

*Digital Tuesday - on the farm
*Doodle Pantry - use a DP image
*Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
**Inspire Me Fridays -anything goes
Desert Island Crafters - mine (emb, kraft, stitching)
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes
Make it Monday with Kraft Outlet - Anything Goes
Pink Elephant - Stitching
Heart Song Inspirations -  Animal Image
One Stitch At A Time - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin - On the Farm
Fabulous Friday - animals
Clearly Inspired - things with wings
Little Red Wagon -  bird
Paper Shelter Challenge - stitching
and these awesome parties
Photobucket

**Link up to my 
current linky party,
Inspire Me Fridays!
Post ANY handmade projects
you would like to share!
I feature five crafters & their blogs
every week!



Thanks for stopping by!

44 comments:

Lori said...

Fabulous card! Your school sounds like a lot of fun. I never could have home schooled my strong willed daughter, I give you home school families a lot of credit.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Gosh Maria, this is one of the best cards done with this set. Love everything about it!

Patti J said...

This is fabulous, Maria! Great job!!!

Glenda Atkins said...

OMG this is such a wonderful card and I adore the bow. Just a superbly crafted card, love it!!

*Vicki* said...

Maria, this is so fun!! I adore the image and your card layout is so pretty!! :) Gorgeous bow too!!

Shari said...

Beautiful card, love the colors you have chosen to work with!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

Sharon Basel said...

Maria this is terrific! I love the rustic look and feel of it. Beautifully done!

Nana Connie said...

Adorable card! Love the momma and chicks. Fabulous bow! I should take lessons from you. :-) Thanks for joining in the challenge at Heart Song this week and hope we're going to see your work again, often.
NanaConnie HSI DT

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful card
Thanks for joining us at Make it Monday this week
Lisa x

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Maria, what a darling card! I have never used that stamp set and it is so cute. Have a wonderful homeschooling year. I have homeschooled and know the work but the joy it brings! Enjoy it!!
Hugs, Sarah

karen said...

Maria your card is fabulous, beautiful design, fab colouring, Karenxx

scrappingmom73 said...

I love your card! Especially that chicken wire and lovely stitching. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.
Lydia

Zoe said...

Great card Maria, thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin, hugs Zoe x

Lorie said...

This card is absolutely fabulous Maria! Love it!

Deedee Anderson said...

Terrific card! I really like the whole country feel you created here between the image, the papers, and your wonderful stitching. Thanks for sharing this with us at Heart Song Inspirations! :-)

Karen Howard said...

Maria, this is really stunning! Love the papers and lovely bow!

Gina said...

Great card, I love that fence background. Great idea on the home schooling calendar!

Heide said...

This is so adorable, love the chicken wire behind the hen and chicks.

Marina said...

That's a cute card, Maria =D Nice work! Thanks for joining Heart Song.. see you again next week yea!

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just amazing just love love this to bits,stuning detail my friend hugs cherylxx

Shirley-anne said...

Stunning image , love the country feel to this card and the colours are perfect .I can almost smell the chook house ..LOL Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .
Shirley-Anne.

Jenn Borjeson said...

Great card. Thanks for playing along with our itinerary challenge at Desert Islands Crafts Challenge! :)

Trish and Treasure said...

Fantastic card I love chooks!

Cassie said...

Hey Maria! Fantastic card with that sweet image! Thanks for playing along in CIC#33 :D

I homeschool my kids too, and we are on our 4th week of school. Blessings to you!

Rleen said...

WOW! Maria, fabulous card! I love the cute and sweet image. Awesome job as always.
Have a great day!
Hugs, Rleen

Kathy D. said...

Great colors and softness to the card.

Thanks for playing "Things with Wings" at Clearly Inspired Callenge #33. Hope to see you on Friday for challenge #34.

Robbie said...

Wow! This is gorgeous, love those colors and the layered image with the chicken Wire behind.

Lisa said...

Maria I love this card! Great design --that bow is divine! -- and those colors make me long for October :)

Davi said...

Oh Maria I do love your beautiful card!! I really like chickens,their peaceful chittering always makes me smile. The lovely colored image, wire and dp are such a perfect combo! Thanks so much for joining us at Heart Song Insp. this week :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I do love this gorgeous rustic card Maria the image is fabulous so are the colours and design.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Designing with Debbie said...

Great card. Very rustic. Thanks for joining the Heart Song Challenge. Good luck

sparklingblackrose said...

This is awesome, I love it! Thank you for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, hope to see you again soon :-) Elaine DT -xxx- p.s I have candy if you would like to pop by and enter :-)

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Maria! How this makes me smile! What a fun card, and what a stunning design. Love the colors and papers and love the stamping. That hen with her chicks is the sweetest thing, and oh, my word is your coloring ever fabulous.
So glad you shared this cutie with us at The Kraft Journal. :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love your on the farm card! Home schooling and getting out early, the kids will love it :)

Tracey T said...

I love this, Maria - your colouring is beautiful! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Ellie said...

Hi Maria, I absolutely love this, it's an amazing set, I will have to add this one to my wishlist. Your card is gorgeous, I love the papers, the sketch and just everything about it!

Kathy W. said...

Great card! Love the Chicken and baby chicks and the design is super. Love the bow too!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Great card.that chicken with those chicks is soooo cute. Thanks for joining in with our challenge over at OSAAT and good luck Julie DT

Shannah said...

What a wonderful country-style card! Thanks for joining us at Heart Song Inspirations this week!
Shannah (HSI-DT)

Kerrie said...

Oh this reminds me of chasing chooks when little, gorgeous card, and wonderful layout.

Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

my little scrapping corner said...

this is so cute. love it

thanks for playing with us at OSAAT this week, hope you join us next time too.

my little scrappingcorner
DT One Stitch At A Time

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Fabulous card, Maria!! Love it. Thank you for playing along with The Pink Elephant.

Janis said...

You are so creative and fun! I just love you! That chicken card is fabulous! Thank you so much for entering my Give-Away. Good luck!
:) Janis