*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 2, 2011

Oh Happy Day & Homeschooling season is upon us!

Happy Tuesday!

This is celebration week @ Joyful Stamper!

We started the week off with a celebration blog hop, today I have a birthday card to share!


Stamps: Hero Arts (happy definition)
sentiment - MFT 
Paper: SU! kraft cs
Ink: memento pad
Other: doily, vintage seam binding ribbon, 
baker's twine, MFT mini tag die.
Digital balloons & border line.


  • After printing the balloons on my card base, I masked a border to stamp the Hero Arts background right where I wanted it!  
  • The baker's twine was threaded through small slits made at the base of the balloons.
We have a new Digital Tuesday Challenge for you today!  Our lovely Amy has challenged us to use doilies on our creations this week.  Check out all the prize deets & gorgeous creations from the rest of the DT HERE!

***on the homefront
Can you believe it's August already???  That means our schooling starts up again.  We start in August since we are all hiding in the air conditioning anyway!  This way we can finish up in April when the mild spring weather calls to us to come out and play!

The kiddos received their "this is how things are going to roll this year" speech...as always, it was as much for me as for them!  We are relaxed homeschoolers to a point, letting the kids pursue their own interests & schedule their own time.  As long as the specified work (required by law & mom) is completed on time throughout the year, they are their own time-managers!    They do a pretty good job of it too, says the beamingly proud mama!!!

Have a super sweet day!
Blessings!

I shared today's creation with -

*Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes
*Lollipop Crafts - Celebrations
Crafts and Me - ribbon
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes
Happileigh Scrappin -  Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters - Happy Birthday
Woodware USA - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything goes
Card Cupids -  birthday
Ellephantastic -  July: Celebrations
Craft Us Crazy - anything goes
Meljens Designs -frame it
and a few parties HERE!

23 comments:

maxine said...

Hi Maria a beautiful card great layout, I hope you are well hugs maxine x

Crystal said...

Absolutely FAB card design Maria, GREAT colors and love the layout!

melissac said...

Maria - I love your card!! Blessings and hug!!

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely fab card Maria I do love the brown base and stamping that doily in the corner is a perfect offset for the ribbon and balloons, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lori said...

Great card! I love the balloons and bakers twine especially. Your children will do so well with everything in life being able to schedule themselves. Good for you to build these skills!

Jennifer Scull said...

oh I love your card! and I love doilies, too, so will try to play along with the challenge.

my oldest leaves for college next week, so I know what you mean. he is a peer mentor for his dorm, so he has to get there early. middle son leaves, I think, 2 weeks later. youngest has already been at the high school with band and show choir practices.... it's starting! ;) summer goes sooooooooo fast!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! This is such a creative card, I love how you used the doily and how you tied the balloons over the background stamp. Love it!

Donna said...

Beautiful card Maria, I love the fab doily and gorgeous red ribbon, beautiful design hun :) Donna x

Donna said...

Hi hun, love this little card with the doilie, so sweet. Good luck with the home schooling. hugs Donna x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

karen said...

Hi Maria,your card is truly beautiful and I love how you used the doily here, hugs,Karenxx

*Vicki* said...

Really fab card hun!! LOVE the balloons on the string and awesome background!! ;) yay for school!!

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning creation sweetie big hugs ♥ Pops ♥ x x x

Julie M said...

Beautiful card, Maria - I just love that kraft/black/red colour combination - so effective.

We're only just half way through our summer holidays - one month down, one to go!

Julie :o)

Robbie said...

Wow Maria! This is awesome with the simple colors and clean lines. I love this and the red and white twine just POPS! Thanks for sharing this with us at MelJen's in our 'Frame it!' challenge.

Kate said...

I love the card. We began our homeschool journey yesterday and I am really looking forward to it. After working 5 years in public education we decided that this was the best decision for our whole family. I am your newest follower. I hope you will stop by my blog soon.I will post links from time to time for homeschool that I have found from being in a public school setting for so long.

Diane said...

New GFC follower from Blogelina

Marlene said...

Oh, pretty card!!! Homeschooling already?!! (Honestly, I would have loved to have been home-schooled!)

busybusyhoneybee said...

What a fun crafty card! So sweet!

Jill said...

Really gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along at Ellephantastic this month. Jill

sandra's crafty corner said...

what a fabulous card hun thanks for joining us at dutch dare for our birthday theme challenge we love your work but please be aware we have a limit on 8 challenges combined hun
hugs sandra xxx

Cheryl said...

oh this is just brilliant hun the detail layout and design is just amazing,hugs cherylxx

Pat (mspfd) said...

Fabulous card, Maria. What a greatdesign and mix of elements. The doily and bright red bow look perfect with the balloons.