*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 23, 2011

Post-it note holder, gone country!

Happy Tuesday!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!  We did a lot of fun running around this past wknd but it all concluded with some relaxing downtime Sunday evening while I watched the Chargers vs.Cowboys (NFL football)!!!  I know it's only pre-season but I'm totally thrilled...autumn can't be far away now!

There's a new Digital Tuesday Challenge posted today for your crafting pleasure!  Our lovely Karen has chosen a theme of cute & girly!  I hope you have a chance to play along, our sponsor this week is Phindy's Place!

Post-It Note holder

Stamps: Doodle Pantry digi (Quirky cat set)
Paper: digi paper from Activity Village FREEbie
Ink: PrismaColor markers
Other: buttons, twine, Zva Creative gems.

As most of you know, I'm a country girl...love primitive country decorating!  So when I was working with this cute but Quirky Cat, I decided to go country!

I was inspired by this cat & gingham towel on the top left!
(photo source)

Post-it holders are such an easy make, I'm using this for a little Christmas gift!  I soooo want to be organized & ready for the holidays this year!

If you've never made one, the holder is pretty much designed like a matchbook cover.  The dimensions will vary depending on your Post-It notes.  I buy a regular 3"x3" pad extra thick/high and divide it in half (pull it away)!
  1. cut a strip of cardstock 8 1/4 in x 3 1/2 in
  2. score @ 3/4", 1", 4 1/2", 4 3/4"
  3. layer with design paper & embellish!
  4. attach Post-It notepad
My flap tucks neatly under the bottom of the kitty image...her paws!

I can't wait to show you all the crafty stuff I've been working on...it's amazing how much you can accomplish when you don't spend hours on the computer!!!  lol

Have you checked out all the fabulous inspiration from the Inspire Me Fridays linky party?  I love seeing so many different crafts!  Thank you to all who share their talents with us!

Enjoy your day!
Blessings!



I shared today's creation with -

*Digital Tuesday Challenge - cute & girly
*Creative Belli - gingham
**Inspire Me Fridays - anything goes
Designed 2 Delight -Anything Goes
Cardmadfairy's Digi Days Challenge - buttons
Digi's With Attitude! -anything goes
Paper Cutz - down on the farm
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters -  Blue
Stamp Insanity - Anything goes
and these parties!


**Link up to my 
current linky party,
Inspire Me Fridays!
Post ANY handmade projects
you would like to share!
I feature five crafters & their blogs
every week!

12 comments:

Lori said...

An adorable cat!! You've matched him to the buttons so perfectly. I like the little touches of red on the blue gingham.

Ellie said...

This is too cute Maria! Love that gingham with the buttons. Thanks for the reminder to start making some of these!

Riet said...

So gorgeous Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is Absolutely fabulously Stunning love the gingham behind him hugs Pops x x x

Beth said...

Oh my Maria this is just adorable I just love the country look of it.
Hugs
Beth

Amy Johnson said...

Such a cute creation! I love the gingham paper!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cute project, and a great gift idea, Maria! Talk about a fabulous dress-up for a post-it pad. I think the cat is absolutely adorable. Love that the flap tucks behind its feet. Love the fun gingham paper, too. :)

*Vicki* said...

AWW!! What a really sweet kitty!! :) Love the gingham papers and buttons you've added to the layout!!

That towel is so sweet and country looking!! LOVE IT!! TFS!! HUGS

Susan's crafty chaos said...

This is so cute, love the gingham! Thanks so much for playing along with us at StampInsanity this week, hope to see you again soon :D

Canne said...

what a sweet cat! Thanks for joining us at cardmadfairy's digi days challenge.

Carol<>< said...

what would a farm be with out a great mouser! ours around here like their cat food.
great card,
Carol N<><

coldwaters2 said...

That gorgeous paper really makes that gorgeous cat stand out Maria, a super idea with the post it holder.
Hugs
Lorraine x