*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 10, 2011

a Tent Card tutorial, Clean & Simple!

.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

I found a fun challenge while blog visiting..."Pop Up a Tent" card!  I can't believe I've never made a tent card before, so I thought I would give it a go!  

Even included one of my "clean cut" tutorials!  {{grin}}

Stamps: SU! (warmest regards)
Paper: SU! cs
Ink: memento pad
Other: vintage seam binding, satin rosette,
Cricut  (Storybook, page 60, accent/frame)




Maria's 'Clean Cut' tutorial...how to make a tent card!

  • Simply make a card as you normally would, 4.25" x 5.50", vertical standing.
  • Cut a piece of (matching) cardstock 3" x 4.25".
  • Score at .75", 1.50", 2.25"  (3/4", 1 1/2", 2 1/4")
  • Fold accordion style...like the letter 'W'.
  • Attach folded cs to front & back flaps of card!

You get the idea!  Easy peasy, right?
This is a great style for displaying cards...which so many of us do with the lovely cards we receive!  The tent card challenge I found is from Erika @ Crafty Sprouts and she has a real video tutorial if you need detailed instructions!

Confession tip - I didn't have my Cricut blade positioned correctly for the scrap of black cardstork I was using and 'booger-ed' up my paper in the lower right-hand corner.  See it?  Nope!  After I tied my bow I put a ultra small dab of glue on the goof & allowed my ribbon to naturally drape over the glue, hiding the goof permanently!

Hope you enjoyed my card today, thanks so much for stopping by!
Blessings!


I've shared today's creation with -


Inspire Me Fridays -anything goes
Stamptacular Sunday - Photo Inspiration*
Secret Crafter -Black and White Only
Crazy Amigo Challenge - Anything goes
Happileigh Scrappin -More than one fold
Nettie G's Digital Gems -  Fancy Folds
Paper Pretties - die cuts
and these awesome parties!

24 comments:

Glenda said...

Beautiful tent card Maria! Love the black and white! The Storybook cut is so pretty! This card style is on my list to try next. I just finished a TriFold and Box Card--would love for you to check those on my blog!
Good luck with the challenges!
Glenda

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Maria! Black and white is always so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing :)

Danni said...

Oh how clever! I never would've thought to use that accent as a larger image for a card, you're fabulous!! Awesome card!

Ellie said...

Another gorgeous CAS card Maria. You truly make the most amazing CAS cards! Haven't made one of these cards yet either, thanks for the simple "how to".

Donna said...

Its gorgeous Maria, I've never made one of these either. your card is so elegant hun. hugs Donna x

Georgia Ehrmann said...

Simply beautiful Maria! I love the way you confessed to the error and how you hid it! Remember what they say..."there are no mistakes...just artistic license"! Thanks for playing at Happileigh Scrappin' this week!
Hugs,
Georgia

Erika Valdez said...

This is an amazing card! So elegant and beautiful!! Thank you so much for entering my Pop up a tent card challenge!!

Lots of Love,
Erika

Audrey Pettit said...

So, so elegant Maria! Love the "tent" design! I do something similar with treat packages to give them a little space to fit in a cello bag filled with goodies.......but never, never thought to do this with a card. LOVE it!

Barbara said...

Hi Maria, What a gorgeous tent card. You make it look so easy...guess I'll have to try it. Love the black/white combo and the front of your card. I can't decide whether I need a cricut???

Tina said...

cool new technique. Don't think I have ever seen one like this and what a great elegant card this is.

Hope all is well. sending you hugs

xo
tina

Francesca said...

A wonderful creation

Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE and good luck !

Hugs
Francesca

Heide said...

What a beautiful card. Love the black swirls on the white paper.

Maggie said...

This is a beautiful tent card luv the white & black.
I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
Have a great week,
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous creation and great use of the black and white, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card - love the cut work!
Thanks for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge!
Helen x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie wow that looks gorgeous the black against the white is so elegant, hugs x x x

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Maria this is excellent what a great tutorial and that card is so beautiful i love this so much.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sally Morgan said...

Stunning monochrome card Maria and the tutorial is soooooo good! I'm going to have a go at one :)
*hugs* Sal x
ps I have a little something for you hun, Blogger is playing up with emails, so email me your snail mail at; sallymorgan_rascal@yahoo.co.uk
xxx

Curlybear said...

OMGosh this is one adorable card, its just perfect for our challenge this week,
Thank You for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 146 Black & White Only
I hope you join us again next week,

I also have a little bit of Calorie free Candy if you are interested

Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

laney said...

WOW!! how fabulous and stylish its just gorgeous Maria
hugs
laney

Allison said...

Wow...stunning! Love that cut-out!

Linda said...

Wow what a gorgeous card!!!! Love that cut out of the card!!!!! Fabulous!!!!!