*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 14, 2011

Thanks a Melon! and a Joyful life!

Sunday Blessings!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!  I just realized we are mid-way through August, amazing!  I haven't been around Blogland much in August, though you should NOT have noticed much with my posts going up like clockwork!  I love Blogger, when it's working properly!

I've been working like a mad woman, crafting my little heart out...but they're all for future posts!  lol  So the only thing I have to show you today is this little sliver of melon...isn't it cute?



Its a table favor for a picnic.   Do you ever have 'thank you' picnics/parties?  Gathering up all the people you want to thank for doing this or that....adding to your life in some way...I should have one every month!!!

Oooo, I think I just inspired myself!   lol

I used my recently posted fun technique to place my mini letters, easy peasy!



****on the homefront****

I've been catching up on my emails & have noticed a re-occurring statement/question, especially from other crafty homeschoolers, "how do you do it all?"   Let me erase that illusion completely from your mind!  I don't!

We live a crazy, "dysfunctional" life like everyone else I know! lol  We have the messy house, the late dinners, the kids attached to their video games/laptops, the piles of clutter, dishes & laundry...actually, my laundry is caught up today! yay!  I 'bark' at my kids to do their chores, pick up their clothes, finish their schoolwork, just like you do.  But I also know, there will never be enough hours in a day, so why worry the day away or stress out about it!   Yes, I know there are deadlines to meet, inside & outside the home, but I know the world will not come to an end if I mess up!  Each day is a new opportunity to 'get it right'!!!

I will say, if you have joy & peace in your heart, life it is a lot easier!  Our joy & peace come from knowing Jesus as our Lord & Savior!  He is a constant presence in everything we do.  There is a certain calmness that settles over you, when you know you are loved & cared for, that's the best way I can explain it.  You just know everything will be alright!

Stepping down from the podium now...but if you needed a word of encouragement today, go ahead & take it! {{hugs}}


I will try to share some specific time-saving tips & secrets in the days to come!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Praying peace, joy & much love over each of you!
Blessings!

I shared today's creation with -


I Did It Creations - Shaped Cards
Sentimental Sundays - Shaped Cards
Poodles Parlour -  anything found in a garden
Glitter Geeks -photo inspiration*
Totally Papercrafts - food and drink
Digi Doodle Shop's Best -Shaped Card
Throwback Thursday -Use any retired Cricut cartridge (my oldest, Plantin Schoolbook)
For Fun Challenges - watermelon
Penny's Paper-Crafty -Watermelons 
Die Cuttin' Divas - Garden Challenge

Don't forget to
enter my current linky party,
Inspire Me Fridays!
Post ANY handmade projects
you would like to share!
I feature five crafters & their blogs
every week!

This card won @

35 comments:

Courtney said...

This is adorable Maria!! Thanks for joining us this week at Penny's. Good Luck!!

Courtney~

aqualeiga said...

Hi Maria, I am SO pleased you have managed to join us at FOR FUN in our Watermelon challenge...it's been a bit lonely round here so far!!! I love your slice of watermelon card, great for a thank you, especially at this time of year. The best of luck, you're certainly in with a good chance!!! Lol!

Hugs, Ali x

Anne-Marie said...

Yaaaay for you! I raised 5 kiddles, worked for my church, baked twice a week, cooked a hot meal every night, shopped, washed, ironed, cleaned,etc.etc.....and did something craft related every day!
It can be done, even if it's only 5 minutes to put a few stitches in a quilt...ha!....and now I do it with 17 grandkids hoppin' around...heehee...so keep up the good work....so worth it!!

Sally Morgan said...

Gorgeous picnic favour Maria! What a fabulous idea, take time out to show how much you appreciate others, if only the whole world was like that!
*hugs* Sal x
ps. You need to email me your address, this little 'thank you' package is sitting wrapped and gathering dust, waiting to wing it's way to you x

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So very cute Maria and I love the idea of a "thank you" picnic! I need to do one too! lol!
Thanks for playing at IDIC this week and good luck!
Hugs,
Georgia

Helen Dooley said...

you can always share with us here Maria, Just have to follow the rules to win. LOL But I love seeing your work. Thanks so much for playing along on fOR fun.

Steph M said...

Sorry about the linky thing. Will try and sort it!
Love the melon card chick. Looks good enough to eat ;-p
Thanks for joining Glitter Geeks this week and good luck
Steph xx

HandmadebyTLC said...

Wait! Ok, I think I've finished smiling now! no wait! ok yeah! WOW this one is really smile worthy! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for no squares challenge
Good Luck
Tammy Louise

Patti J said...

Great card, Maria - good luck on all of your challenges! Goodness, watermelon would be a tough one for me! Your post today is wonderful! Our kids are grown now, but for those reading with younger kids, Maria's advice is worth following! Blessings, Maria!!!

CraftsManda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CraftsManda said...

This is so darling. I love the ribbon and button. Your melon is just the cutest!

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is super you always make such amazing cards with super image,and great idea to have a thank you party hugs cherylxxx

Sweet Magnolia Rose said...

What a swEEt melon :o) I just love your card...it is a new way to look at melon cards...TFS!!!

Mistyrose
Die Cuttin Diva

Debs M said...

great idea for a card, looks great! Thanks for joining the ‘Shaped Card’ Challenge’ at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges. We hope to see you again next week!
Debbie Dt x

Marlene said...

That's a fun summer card, Maria! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Jacq said...

Hi Maria,
Oh this is just totally Scrumptious and so adorable. Love the dp's, the colours are gorgeous and love the shaped card. Thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour and Glitter Geeks and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxxx

papertrails leaver said...

Maria your watermelon card brings a smile to my face! Love the scallop cuts you used for the dimension and layering! Thanks for joining us at Penny's! :-) Amy

Scrappy Rat said...

What a clever little watermelon card! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges. :) I hope you'll come back and play with us again!

Pauline said...

Hi Maria... another FABULOUS card! This really is a treat. Thanks for sharing with us at For Fun Challenges (and thanks for your uplifting blog posts... I always enjoy them!)
hugs and blessings from Australia,
Pauline

Tina said...

thanks for admitting you don't always get er' done...cuz its good to know I am not the only one...I do think you are amazing especially home-schooling...yoou got patience girl...I couldn't do it.

You're card is sweet and simple perfect for girls like us.

school is back in sessions around these parts..so just trying to get back into the swing of things...

sending you hugs
xo'tina

Cyndi said...

very cute watermelon card! and love your passage at the end...very true!

Kathy D. said...

OMG this is super cute! love how you made the watermelon with scallops.

Your post is sooo true about "it will still be there" and God must be first in your life. In our home we say we have "a happily lived in home". It isn't spotless but picked up means we are doing more than just cleaning!
Thanks for going Watermelon with us at For Fun Challenges.
Have a great day and hope to see you Wednesday for the new challenge at For Fun Challenges.

Stacey G.- 2 Craf-t-4u said...

Love the melon card! That Thank You party is a great idea! Need to try that! Thank You so much for joining us at Sentimental Sundays this week!

Cre8tiveVet said...

What a wonderful card and post you did! Thanks for joining us at DCD. -Yvette
cre8tivegirls.blogspot.com

Cathryn said...

Oh Maria this is adorable!!! Your bow is gorgeous!!! Thanks for the encouraging words. I always feel like I haven't done enough! Thanks for playing along with Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge! Hugs, Cathryn :)

Shelby said...

What a great and creative card! I love the colors and the play on the saying is perfect! Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and Penny's Paper-Crafty this week. Hope to see your adorable designs again.

Shelby

Elena said...

I agree this card is so cute!!!
Thank you so much for this post, Maria!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is just awesome Maria!!

Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges. Hope you join us again real soon!

Julie said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop’s Challenges
Hugs,
Julie

Shirl said...

Perfect slice of melon just right for our shaped card theme.

Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.

Hugs Shirley x x

Christine - Cndn Stamper said...

Fantastic card. I love how you were able to create the watemelon for our challenge without using an image.

I totally agree about the idea of needing to host a "thank you" party every month. I swear that's the number one reason for summer break, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter!

Thanks again for joining us at For Fun Challenges and hope to see you again!

Vicky said...

Fantastic card Maria...

thanks for joining us at The Poodles Parlour & tpc...and good luck...!

hugs Vicky xx

Victoria said...

a lovely card thank you for joining us on totally papercrafts this challenge

victoria dt

Glora said...

This is beautiful I love the scalloped watermelon. Creative and beautiful! Hugs- Glora

Sprytebyrd said...

Awesome card, Maria! Love the watermelon shape!
Thanks for joining the fun at Sentimental Sundays this week!
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Sentiments