*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




November 7, 2011

Cricut- making a background! and a bit of Blog Candy!

Good Monday Morning!

It's Cricut playtime!   I wanted to share this fun way to use your machine for cardmaking.

Pin It

Cricut: Storybook cart, page 50, tall/border,
Cricut Schoolbook Plantin cart letters, 
heavy textured cardstock, ribbon, SU! slit punch,
BowEasy, Elmers glue,SU ink, brayer.

Isn't this a great design?
I was inspired by a bunch of crafters for this card....none of which used a Cricut.  lol  But my mind is always looking for ways to use my machine unconventionally.  I first saw this pretty card by Jay Gee who was inspired by this lovely card by Mariana, who was inspired by this video by K.Werner who had a fun way to paint!  There is just so much inspiration out there, makes my head spin!  ...in a good way!

Where do you find inspiration?


The first Monday of every month @ Paper Playtime is dedicated to Cricut creations.   I hope you'll come on over and play with us!!




I have a wee bit of Blog Candy...


 package of 6

Recollections Dimensional Sunflowers,
(I forgot to take a picture, I pulled this one from the web!)





If you would like to be entered in the draw, just leave a comment on this post!  Everyone's welcome to enter!

Thank you for stopping by, enjoy your day!
Blessings

Come join my
Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up party HERE!

I shared today's creation with -

The Sweetest Thing - Sketch
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes PLUS Brown
Card Makin' Mamas -  die cuts
Squigglefly -  NO Patterned Paper
Pile It On - Thanksgiving OR Give Thanks
Fussy and Fancy -be thankful and feature a sentiment
4 Crafty Chicks - Die Cuts
Crafting for all Seasons -texture

22 comments:

Amanda said...

I would love to be entered into your Blog Candy. Cross fingers!!

Amanda

Kim H said...

Wonderful card, love the color and addition of the ribbon. Thank you for a chance at some blog candy.

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is a wonderful card just love those letters,and super design hun would love to be entered into your blog candy,hugs cherylxxxxxxx

Babe O'Mara said...

Gorgeous card. Love it. Thanks for a chance to win some candy.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

this is stunning. very different.

hope all is well.

hugs :)

Eva said...

love your card and enjoy finding new ways to use my cricut too.
Eva :0)
evascrapslife(at)gmail(dot)com
http://evasscrapsncards.blogspot.com

Donna said...

Great card! Love the design. Thanks for the chance to win!

Wendy Zick said...

Your card is so elegant!

Glenda said...

Very pretty card! I love how the SB cuts make such a pretty background! Thanks for chance to win the goodies!
Thank you also for featuring my Fall card. I am just now seeing it!
I will proudly display the button on my blog!
Glenda

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

Brandi said...

This is a really cool card! I love it when we can use our "tools" in new ways to create. :)

Mary D said...

Pretty card. Thank you for the chance to win some blog candy!

Elena said...

Beautiful card, Maria! Love the design you created! It is amazing how we, crafters, can inspire each other! :)

Jackie said...

Maria a really beautiful and elegantly made card. To think I have all the supplies needed to make the card. TFS, nice. You inspired me.

love craft candy, thanks.
Jackie

Janis said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL! Don't you just love the way in the crafty world one idea leads to another to another to another. I love all my crafting friends. I may have to try this card. Love the green and brown together. Thanks for mentioning Paper Playtime. I'll share this post link on Facebook. As me and Sharon like to say... FUNNESS! Hugs! :) Janis

Sharon said...

Oh this is Funness Maria!!! What an awesome way to make a background!!! This is a fantastic card!!! :)

Holly said...

Hey Maria! I don't comment often, but I do stop by to see what you're up to almost every day! I loved the homemade condensed milk recipe you had the other day - I never would have thought to make my own!
Your card is so pretty! I love that background - it almost looks like gold leaf! Thanks for playing in Squigglefly's challenge this week!

Audrey Pettit said...

How very, very cool! LOVE this graphic design.

Heather said...

Love the bold design, Maria! I'm always inspired by your artwork! Thanks for joining us for the Squigglefly challenge this week.

earthspirit927 said...

what a great thank you card:)Thanks for Joining us this week at Craft your Passions Anythings + Brown Challenge. Have a great weekend:)

Melissa
expressionswithearthspirit.blogspot.com

Helen said...

Beautiful card - very elegant!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

BethieJ said...

Your card is LOVELY!!!
Thanks for joining us at PIO last week! Have a GREAT day!