Are ya ready for some football?
Ah, it's a bittersweet day! I'm excited to watch the superbowl but sorry to see the season end!
And what would Superbowl Sunday be without the food (& commercials)?
Here's my favorite crowd pleaser recipe....you can easily double/triple it as needed!
Cheddar Beef Enchiladas
1 pound ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 cup water
2 cups cooked rice
1 can (16 oz) refried beans
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
10 to 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed
cream of chicken soup,
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink
- Stir in taco seasoning and water
- Bring to boil
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 5 minutes
- Stir in rice
- Cook & stir until liquid is evaporated
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of refried beans, 1/4 cup of beef mixture and 1 tablespoon cheese down the center of each tortilla; roll up
- Place seam side down in 2 greased 13x9x2 inch baking dishes
- Combine salsa and soup; pour down the center of enchiladas
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese
- Bake 1 casserole, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted
- Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 3 months
Yields 2 casseroles (5-6 enchiladas each)
To use frozen casserole:
- Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
- Cover & bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.
I also have a 'pretty' to share with you today.
Paper: SU!, EchoPark
Other: pearls, embossing powder, vintage seam-binding
Cricut: Plantin SchoolBook, pg 78, <tag 1> and shadow.
Sweet & pretty! My lovely friend Janis is hosting a series, 52 tags in 2012! Week 5 is all about creating in a style other than our own, our bff's style. I have a friend that enjoys sending encouraging cards to missionaries far from home, they always include scripture, so I have included scripture on my tag!
Enjoy your day!
I also shared today's creation with -
Mary's Cardz TV, The Crafty Pad, Crafty Catz, Craft Us Crazy, Do You Stack Up?, Little Scrap Pieces.