*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




March 11, 2012

Southwestern Tag & a few Safety tips!

Sunday Greetings!


I have a tag to share today, it depicts my very favorite vacation destination!
Pin It

Stamps: Copper Leaf Creations, rubber
Ink: SU! pad inks, Versamark, Encore metallic, Colorbox
Other: Embossing powder, jute

I had so much fun making this with all the pretty Southwestern colors. I used a small piece of burlap to stamp the gold metallic textured pattern.  This is such a neat stamp, I think I bought it the first time we traveled cross country to vacation in AZ with family!  Can't wait to do it again this year...and buy more stamps along the way!

This is tag #10, vacation time, for Janis' 52 tags in 2012!  too fun!  Where's your favorite vacation site?


Someone sent me this list of safety tips, so I thought I'd share it with you, especially with vacation season approaching.  There are a few things here I've never thought of!

1. Do not sign the back of your credit cards. Instead, put 'PHOTO ID REQUIRED.


2. When you are writing checks to pay on your credit card accounts, DO NOT put the complete account number on the 'For' line. Instead, just put the last four numbers. The credit card company knows the rest of the number, and anyone who might be handling your check as it passes through all the check processing channels won't have access to it.


3. Put your work phone # on your checks instead of your home phone. If you have a PO Box use that instead of your home address. If you do not have a PO Box, use your work address.  Never have your SS#printed on your checks for all to see.  You can add it if it is necessary.


4. Place the contents of your wallet on a photocopy machine. Do both sides of each license, credit card, etc. You will know what you had in your wallet and all of the account numbers and phone numbers to call and cancel.. Keep the photocopy in a safe place. 
Might be a good idea to photocopy your passport too when you travel.


If your wallet IS stolen, here's some helpful information.

5. We have been told we should cancel our credit cards immediately. But the key is having the toll free numbers and your card numbers handy so you know whom to call. Keep those where you can find them.


6. File a police report immediately in the jurisdiction where your credit cards, etc., were stolen. This proves to credit providers you were diligent, and this is a first step toward an investigation (if there ever is one).


But here's what is perhaps most important of all: 

7. Call the 3 national credit reporting organizations immediately to place a fraud alert on your name and also call the Social Security fraud line number. I had never heard of doing that until advised by a bank that called to tell me an application for credit was made over the Internet in my name.


The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen, and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.


Here are the numbers...


1.) Equifax: 1-800-525-6285 


2.) Experian (formerly TRW): 1-888-397-3742 


3.) Trans Union : 1-800-680 7289 


4.) Social Security Administration (fraud line):
1-800-269-0271 

Hope you find this helpful!
Enjoy your day!
Blessings!

9 comments:

Catherine said...

Your tag is stunning Maria ! I love the background and the stamped image is really great ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Susan said...

Great tips Maria! I never would have thought to change the signature on the back of a credit card with "photo id required". That makes perfect sense!

You're tag is so fun! It really captures the look of the Southwest. That is the color scheme I stick with in my home also! I would have to say my favorite vacation spot so far would be Hawaii. Ahhh, the beach. That's my happy place!

Susan
cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

Crystal said...

OOOO Maria this is FABULOUS!!!! What a GREAT tag hun, hope you are having a great weekend!

Pat (mspfd) said...

What a gorgeous tag. I bet it looks stunning IRL with all the gold distressing. I've only been to Arizona once, and it was a trip of a lifetime. Hope you share lots of pictures when you return from your trip!

Tina said...

cool tag there sugar. and thanks for the great information - all things we should know but never follow - at least thats my excuse.
Hope all is well.

xo
tina

Cheryl said...

oh this is one,brilliant tag Hun,the design is just amazing hugs Cherylxx

Audrey Pettit said...

Super cutie pie tag, Maria! And thanks for all the safety tips. :)

The EmBellished Card - Belinda said...

An amazing tag. Love the SW colors too!

Janis said...

This is beautiful. I love the colors. :) Janis