*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 21, 2012

Cricut Wall Art - Home Decor Hop Day 1

Happy Weekend!

As some of you know, my home is decorated in Prim Style! very primitive actually, if it's old, rusty & has seen better days, it's probably hanging on my wall!  :)

Today I want to share my latest home decor project; my version of an 'antique' farm sign!

(photo shot on old school desk w/ antique chicken salt shaker looking on)


I used a piece of scrap wood, Folk Art acrylic paint
my Cricut and some Mod Podge!


I created this fun project for Cicily's
Home Decor and More blog hop!
Come be inspired!


Welcome
to an inspirational
2 day event,
featuring 
Home Decor projects!

If you're hopping with us today, you should have arrived here from Ashley's blog, The Blog Hop Princess!  If you need to start at the beginning for all the hop details & PRIZE info, pop over to Cicily's blog, The Pink Dalmation Scrapbooker, she's our hostess!!

Smiley
I have a bit of blog candy 
to give away to one of my followers.
Just leave a comment below letting
me know you're a follower!

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you're inspired to use some of your crafting supplies in a new way, maybe to help decorate your home!
Your NEXT stop is Liz @ Scrapilicious Life!

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for another Home Decor project!
Blessings!

31 comments:

Karon said...

This is such a wonderful idea and really does look rustic. TFS and I'm already one of your followers :-)

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Elena said...

What a great-great idea! I love your home decor project! Always liked something vintagy and old - they have a story!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Its cute and lovely Maria
Your old follower
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Heide said...

Cute sign.
I am a followers. Thanks, Heide
Heidedpaperie(at)gmail (dot) com.

the purple muse said...

That's a fab idea! Headed to Home Depot to dig through their wood scraps! Love it! TFS:-)

~Tammy S

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, what an adorable vintage sign, Maria! I really love prim decorating, too! :)

Esther said...

Love your farm house sign!!!
Too cute!!

Pink Polka Dot Scrapping said...

Maria, This is so Cute my friend would love this! Another Great Hop! I am so inspired by all your creativity! TFS

Pat said...

Cute idea, love the contrats between the letters and the background!

Pat said...

Oh, and I am now a faithful follower, thanks for the chance to win!

Liz Mullen said...

I'm loving this :) TFS

Regina said...

I am a new follower. Found you when i saw your great gnome card on Joy's blog. Really love the rustic stuff too! Regina

Melissa said...

Your sign looks great!!!

I am already a follower!

mzcherub at gmail dot com

kkay214 said...

This is a cute idea. I am a new follower.Thanks for the chance.

jennyplace2 said...

Wow! I just love your sign it would look great out at the cabin above the wood stove. TFS!
jennyplace26@gmail.com

Lori Stokes Wright said...

I like it!

Marianne said...

i like the vintage-looking farm sign. As well as the props you used with it. i am a follower

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

somanycrafts.com said...

That is awesome! Love it, reminds me of grandma's house a Long long time ago!

somanycrafts.com said...

That is awesome! Love it, reminds me of grandma's house a Long long time ago!

Auntie Em said...

Your sign is a great idea! And a lot more affordable than the ones in the shops. (Plus a great deal on the eggs! lol)
Thanks for sharing! :)

Alanna said...

What a great gift idea this is. Love it!

Jessi said...

its so simple but who would of thought, love it

Sue D said...

Love this as we raise chickens.
I am a follower.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Pink Dalmatians said...

how cute! TFS I love your styles.

Robin said...

What a great idea.

Robin
http://scrapandchat.blogspot.com
scrapdiva2011@gmail.com

Cathy said...

Your project is fantastic!!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Njeri said...

I am a follower and would love to be entered for your giveaway.

Amy Johnson said...

Fabulous sign. I just made a sign myself for our church library using my cricut. But I penciled around the letters and painted them in. It was much easier than using a stencil like we did in the old days.

D- said...

Nicely done.
Michaels has this set of nine different Modge Podges that I have been checking out. Looks like I'll need to do some searches to see which MP gets used on which project. TFS.
dmcardmaker (at aol dot com)
(email follower)

Michelle Noble said...

Great sign! I love it! So easy peasy to make too!

Maria said...

I love your home decor project, this would look great in my kitchen! TFS

mvasquez69 at aol dot com