*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




July 26, 2012

Joy's Life Tins - Lip Balm!

Happy Thursday!

I have a fun project to share with you today.

A lovely little gift, just right for a "Girl's Night Out" gift bag!

I used Joy's Life All Around Sentiment stamp set and 
Carta Bella papers, My Mind's Eye lace, 
I used my Cricut to cut out the circles & Nestie for the scallop.



Aren't these little tins so sweet, just the right size for sharing some home-made lip balm with friends!!  You can purchase them @ Joy's Life! A 2 inch circle fits perfectly atop the lid!! Check out what the rest of the design team has been creating all week with her various tins!

Here's the easy peasy recipe...

  • 1 tsp. coconut oil
  • 1 tsp. almond oil
  • ½ tsp. grated beeswax (or use pearls)
Directions:
Combine all the ingredients in a microwave-safe container and pop it in the microwave. In 1-2 minutes, the beeswax should melt, and that’s it! You just made your own lip balm.  Add a bit of lipstick for color, optional.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Blessings!

9 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeously creative. Wishing you a great Thursday.
Hugs
Desíre
Doing Life
Digistamps4Joy DT Member
Tammy’s Scrapin Corner DT Member

Njeri said...

I don't think anything could be cuter! My current lipbalm is in a tiny cupcake shaped container and I love it, wonder what I will do when it's over.

Susie Craft Happy! said...

Such a great project! I have this stamp set and will have to give this a try. TFS

Susie

Tammy said...

Maria!!!
What a wonderful idea!!!??!!! Thank you so very much for sharing and allowing me to glean from you!!! be blessed
~Beyond Measure
Tammy
www.urbeyondmeasure.com

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! What a fabulous little girly girl gift idea, Maria! I had no idea it was that easy to make your own lip balm. Thanks for sharing the recipe and giving us all such amazing inspiration!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a cute gift and I love how you made your own lip balm! So creative!

Stacey
Staceyscreativecorner.blogspot.com

My Crafting Channel said...

Beautiful. I need to get the stamp set. What a great item for gift giving.

Hugs
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥

MJR said...

Cute idea. This may be a stupid question but where do I find beeswax pearls? What about almond oil?

Thanks.
Marilyn

Janice M said...

How neat is this??! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper and Such this week!