*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 27, 2012

Mini Album - paper hinge technique!


Good Monday Morning!


 I have a fun mini album to share today!
Back & Front covers
paper hinge (burlap paper)
Cricut- Plantin Schoobook, My Quiet Book carts.
Kraft cardstock
Simple Stories papers
October Afternoon wild cards
Inspired by Misty
Paper hinges!  This was a totally new technique for me, but oh-so-easy!!  I simply cut two 4x4 cards, butt-ed them together and attached paper 'hinges' over the front/back cover and over the seam in the middle of the book!  (It helps to score the hinges first.)  I'll certainly be using this method again!
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net
I have a bit of candy for one follower today!
Just leave a comment below!

I created this project for Lynne & Kimberly's Double Dog Dare...
I Double Dog Dare You
First Readers

Ready for some fabulously creative inspiration?
Check out the First Reader projects from - 
Miriam Meserve
Janet Smith

Enjoy!
Blessings!

16 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

What an awesome idea!! Thanks so much for sharing....I am going to try that!!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeously creative. Beautiful colours and embellishments. Hugs Desíre Doing Life Digistamps4Joy DT Member Tammys Scrapin Corner DT Member

Cheryl said...

oh gosh Hun how brilliant is this the colours, and designs,and detail is just first class love it hugs Cherylxxx

Riet said...

So beautiful Maria.

Hugs Riet.xx

becky said...

I'm in love with the vintagey feel of this album. It's gorgeous!
becky
beckyboyer.com

Karon said...

Such a fabulous idea for the hinge method and you mini album is fabulous. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Donna said...

Wonderful mini-album. I'd never heard of the paper hinge technique but I just may have to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a sweet mini album, Maria! Love the hinge technique you used and love the theme! Really adorable!

Nicola said...

Your mini book album is fabulous Maria and such a wonderful gift with all the beautiful characters. -x-

My Crafting Channel said...

Beautiful mini. Love the papers used. I have never made one, but this has inspired me to give it a try. I will have to check out the paper hinge.

Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

jenniferlepard said...

i have to remember that so cute good job

jordanbev5 said...

You inspire me!! And make it look so simple and great!

Cheryl said...

So cool! What a great idea!

Lori Stokes Wright said...

I love this Maria! The vintage'ish of it. Do you mind if I Pin it? I use Pinterest to 'bookmark' things I want to remember. Hugs~Lori

Mary D said...

Terrific. Absolutely love the vintage look. Thanks for sharing your talent.

D- said...

Love this idea!! TFS. I'm going to craftlift this for sure.
dmcardmaker (at AOL)
(email follower)