*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




August 5, 2012

Mod Podge - DIY Notebook, American Bandstand!

Welcome to our
Tribute to Dick Clark & 
Amercian Bandstand, 
50's style blog hop!

Ambandstand
Are you old enough to remember watching American Bandstand on Saturday mornings?  It aired from 1952 - 1989, with Dick Clark hosting from 1956 until it's final season!  I loved singing along with all my Top 40 favorites!

My project today is a DIY notebook!
(A place to keep you own Top 40 list or your version of "Rate-A-Record"!)
My notebook paired up with a few of these retro designed CD-R's from Verbatim would make a 'Rockin' gift, don't ya think?
(retro designed CD's)
If you're hopping with us today, you should have arrived here from Amanda's blog, Crick'tn Crafts! If you need to start at the beginning, hop over to Pamela's blog, Krafty Kat Stamp Studio, she's our lovely hostess. You'll find all the hop info there and how to be eligible for our grand prize from Kadoodle Bug Designs!


DIY notebook
A simple how-to...

you'll need: Mod Podge, index cards, a foam paintbrush. And a solid piece of cardstock if you want a cover for your tablet/notebook!

clamp your cards together, I used spring clamps & cardboard.

apply Mod Podge along the top.  remove clamps one at a time, then replace them.  re-apply Mod Podge at least three times, allowing to dry each time.

And you have a tablet!  It's THAT easy!  

I hope you enjoyed my project today!

Your next hop stop is Jennifer's blog, Creative Cricut Design & More

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Blessings!

Full hop list HERE!

I shared today's creation with -
Gingerloft, NoMatterWhichChallenges, Simply Create Too, Paper Crafting Journey.

21 comments:

My Crafting Channel said...

What a cute Notebook. Great image and love the colors. Thanks for the step by step instructions. I will give this a try this week for sure.

Hugs
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Amanda said...

What a cool idea!! I love that 3d star!! TYFS


Amanda
cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

Heather said...

That is awesome. Will have to try it with index cards as I always seem tojust cover a ready made notebook. Hugs.

Colleen said...

Very cool!! Thanks for the direcions! Gonna have to try this one! :)
~Colleen

Jennifer said...

Love love love your notebook! Very cool idea ;-)

Wunder's Creations said...

Love your notebook! Very creative idea and a must for the to-do list. I love your cover for it too!

Cathie w said...

love this idea..awesome thanks for sharing

cathie
scraphappycat@gmail.com

Pamela Horton said...

Hey that's a neat idea!! I'm going to have to try it.... love your pic!!

Tina Campbell said...

Wow what a cute idea! Love the tutorial on this project, fantastic cover too. TFS

D- said...

Love yout tablet idea and tip.
tfs.
dmcardmaker (AT aol DOT com)
(email follower)

Miriam said...

What an awesome job you did on that notebook. That is a technique I have been meaning to try. I wasn't sure it would work with stiffer paper, but I guess it will. I have learned a lot of this hop! I'm hoping to make my own smash books, and this is very inspirational. Thank you so much!

sctmg5774 said...

Love your DIY project!!! Such a great concept.

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just adorable, Maria. I always LOVED watching American Band Stand when I was a kid. I loved Dick Clark, too. Well....really, who didn't, right?

I hope you will stop by Word Art Wednesday and play along in our Double Prize Week Challenge. I'd LOVE to have you share one of your great cards with us.
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Have a blessed week!
Karen

Audrey Pettit said...

So adorable and so fun! I totally remember American Bandstand. :) Love that you made your own tablet from scratch with the index cards. Thanks for sharing your process.

Rhonda R. said...

LOVE THIS... I did bindery work when I took graphic arts in high school... thanks for sharing on how you put this together.. cover is awesome :))

Christine Kiehl said...

Gots to love the Mod Podge! Very cool idea to do with index cards! Thank you for taking the time to post and share! Huggies

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Great work! Thanks for sharing in No Matter Which’s *Anything Goes* challenge and good luck !

Hugzzz

Tammy, NMWC DT at Créations LaDiva :) xx

Claire said...

Hi Maria, what a clever idea and I love the finished result.Thanks for joining us at NMW Challenges this time
Claire xx

Paper Sewn Visions said...

Great tribute to american bandstand. Very nice notebook.I guess it dates me knowing AB. Thank you for sharing and joining in at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

Sherry said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Gingerloft Challenge.

Hugs

jackid said...


This is beautiful thanks for playing with us at PCJ this time
Jacki xx