*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




October 18, 2012

DIY Manilla Folder notebook/album - Recycle

Happy Thursday!

Another DIY manilla folder notebook/album!


I had so much fun altering my first manilla folder, that I just had to create another one...but this one is just for me!  I used all my favorites...Tim Holtz, Teresa Collins, Hero Arts, sunflowers, rhinestones all on a totally 'grunged out' manilla folder!  

My first album (Here) was created to hold some photos & drawings, this one is for re-decorating notes for our master bedroom!

This is super simple & a great way to recycle...

materials needed -

  1. used manilla folder
  2. hole punch
  3. scratch paper
  4. brads
  5. scoring tool (optional but helpful)

*Holding your file folder horizontally (tab at top, crease at bottom), cut it in half vertically.  I used the tabbed side for my album.

*Simply make two mountain folds at the crease. Most folders have some score lines, you can start with those.
*Next, I cut some scratch paper down to size, stuck it between the mountain folds, punched holes & inserted brads! ta-da!!
I used brads so I could easily add more notebook pages if needed!

*Last step, embellish however you wish!  

I used alcohol inks on the folder & the metal, distress inks with & without water...

No over-thinking here, I just wanted something to jot down notes & this one makes me smile!

Enjoy your day!
Blessings!

I shared today's project with -
Simon Says Stamp & Show!


~anything goes!

6 comments:

Riet said...

So gorgeous Maria.


Hugs Riet.xx

jessica said...

gorgeous Maria!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Very pretty folder/notebook. Lovely cover and flowers and beautiful colours. Lovely idea. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

My Crafting Channel said...

Stunning. Loving the colors. Thanks for the tutorial.

Hugs Nana
http://www.mycraftingchannel.com/2012/10/pumpkin-patch-cuties-svg-cutting-files.html

Karon said...

This is such a fab idea - always wondered how you did them. TFS

http://karonskraftykorner.blogspot.ca/

Creative M said...

Maria,You just BLEW my mind with this beautiful manila notebook/album...I love it!This would make a great gift for the holidays..
TFS
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia