*
*


Current Inspire Me Fridays link-up HERE!




January 16, 2013

Try a new technique - faux stain glass!

Happy Wednesday!

I have a fun technique to share today.  
Faux stain-glass!



(Oh Christmas Puns)-Oh, Snap,
Kraft cardstock, Doodlebug Design twine,
embossing powder, Tim Holtz distress inks -
(vintage photo, peeled paint, salty ocean),
TPC Studios stamps (Travel Journey),
painter's tape, dimensionals,
heart punch for "banner"ends!

I know there are many different stain glass effect techniques, this one was super easy. (easy...just my style!)

tear strips of painter's tape, attach to your cardstock.
(this cardstock is the inexpensive stuff from Walmart!)


ink & stamp over tape!


gently remove tape and there you go,
continue on with your cardmaking!

Super easy!  I hope you'll give it a try!



The Joy's Life designers are sharing different techniques all this week on the team blog, lots of inspiration!


From Millan.Net
Would you like to win some Joy's Life stamps? I have a candy offer HERE!


Enjoy your Wednesday!
Blessings!


I wrote this post while designing for Joy's Life!

17 comments:

Judy said...

Wow..I'm loving this card..what a perfect design for someone taking a trip. Love the vintage feel to this, and I'm going to have to give this technique a try. Thanks for sharing.

xo
Judy

Dr Sonia S V said...

This is awesome ..Thank you Maria
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Cheryl said...

Cool technique! Your card is fabulous. Thank you for the tutorial

Audrey Pettit said...

Very fun technique, Maria! Soo artsy and fun!

sue morris said...

This is so pretty!! and looks super easy! Thank you so much for sharing the technique with us! Definitely sounds doable!

Michelle B. said...

What an amazing card, I love the technique ... may have to give it a try.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Creative M said...

Gorgeous!!Very Creative!
Have a Wonderful Day,
Migdalia

Christine said...

love this card and technique. gonna try it!

Karon said...

WOW Maria - this is such a fabulous technique!! So beautiful. TFS

Catherine said...

WOW ! What a fantastic technique Maria ! I love it ! You rock Sweetie ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Sparkly Engineer said...

I had forgotten this fun technique thanks for reminding me.

*Vicki* said...

Maria, this turned out gorgeous!! Love the masculine look of it!! I've tried this years ago and totally forgot about it!! Thanks for sharing and bringing it back out for me! HUGS :)

Patty B said...

Maria, this is such a cool looking card! The technique is neat and the colors you chose are wonderful. (I know I have that tape laying around!)

Susie Craft Happy! said...

This is really beautiful Maria!

Susie

Elena said...

Wow! What a fun technique! Love your card, Maria! Very artistic!

shamraiz said...

What a breathtaking creation!
Today there has been snow in my part of the world so to see a card full of the joys of Springtime and as pretty as this makes me realize that surely Spring is just around the corner.
Printed Gift Cards